M14 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the top collectibles of the M14 and its many variants? Give us your bucket list. If money were no object, what would your top rifles be?

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
a genuine H R guerilla rifle, select fire
a real T44E4 rifle
a suppressed XM25
My #1 pick...A Fred Johnson custom built rifle with custom made French walnut stock/handguard wearing a S&B PMIII scope on a LRB M25 receiver

·
Forum Jester
7,555 Posts
smith enterprise full auto m14 new in box

Reactions: bubba666

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
The Holy Grail of M14's is whatever rings your chimes... I had some fine rifles over the years including an SA M14NM rifle issued to me while I shot with the National Guard, but I'm more than satisfied with my LRB rifles and a couple of GWLA T44E4 rifles that come as close as one can with a commercial copy. My primary competition gun was a Krieger, McMillan, rear lugged Smith Enterprise rifle. It got me Distinguished, but I could have done the same with an LRB if they were available at that time.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have owned & own a few Nice 14 Types over the years. Both Shaun & Ted and I have been running the same rabbit trail for awhile. It seems we pass each other when one of us is resting or at a fork in the Trail. I Think All of US would Agree The 14 Platform is that Allusive Mistress.
Pfc out

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
17,279 Posts
For me, a near new full auto M14 regardless of make, and Springfield Armory, Inc M1A s/n 00001.
m14brian

·
Premium Member
17,323 Posts
Already made the choice and put them together . Top Bula Defense Systems traditional build in 6.5 Creedmoor. Lower full on glory seeker. Bula Defense Systems XM21 with Ultra Heavy barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor, Night Force 5 - 25 FFP scope in a JAE chassis with all the bells, Atlas bipod and a monopod on the butt. Not cheap, but fills the niche for me.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
If money wasn't an object...x51 type automatic "rifle"...what I would consider the "Holy Grail"...this is a tough one.

·
Registered
425 Posts
USGI TRW NM with a Krieger NM barrel. LRB in a McMillan A5 stock, Krieger Heavy Barrel, and since we are talking fantasy - chrome-lined, all USGI TRW parts, S & B scope, Sadlak mounts. Bula DMR type like Brother Art has dozens of, in the same McMillan, Krieger, TRW configuration.

Jarhead

·
Registered
8,555 Posts
100 fully-disassembled complete parts kits with commercial short-chambered GI profile barrels and 100 receivers. My greatest pleasure is building them. Really miss assembling M14s.

Reactions: nf1e
1 - 12 of 12 Posts