M14 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is something that always got me.

Why does the NPS allow the first production M14 to languish upstairs in the "Pattern room". Now I realize that one of the Dwight Eisenhower rifles is down stairs. But for a presentation grade rifle such as #2000 to languish upstairs. It's a crime.

Now I realize the first true M14 suffers from an identity crisis of sorts. The T44 series takes up 1 to 1999, There are some 01 001 0001 00001 and on out there that the Army made to fool brass and politicians... Plus the two Dwight Eisenhower rifles.. but still.

Just bothers me to see it sitting upstairs collecting dust. Hell even pictures of it are exceeeeedingly rare on the web.

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
What a beautiful rifle, I love the wood on #2000, bluing looks good on one also, But believe I'll keep mine parkerized. Yes, Moose it should be shown

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
They have to keep it under wraps...

Otherwise...

All kinds of guys here would say---If I Had It...I'd Shoot It !!!

GI2

CAVman in WYoming

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I'm going to go the other direction on this one.

She certainly is pretty. I can live with the glossy wood on a presentation rifle, but to do it to the metal is not my cup of tea. I would think she would look much better with the same wood and hardware, but with the standard finishes. Like she would be if she were going to war, the true purpose for her.

When I read the title, I half hoped it would be a story about the first M14 going to Nam and serving gloriously with one of our soldiers there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts