M14 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received these back from Warbird on Friday. I have been out of town this weekend so I just got them unpacked today. Warbird did and outstanding job on the builds. They look tight and fit. The finish is perfect. His price was great. The turnaround was only 10 days and he kept me updated along the way. When he shipped them back they were wrapped up tighter than a stock from SixTGunr 8O , and Six wraps them tight!

This started out as a DIY build but I ran into a problem with the barrel indexing so I decided to send them out. Boy am I glad I did!

The upper one is all TRW (barrel, op rod, bolt, trigger group) built on an Armscorp M14 receiver with a Commercial NM flash hider. It will go in one of the USGI wood stocks I'm refinishing and will get no optics.

The lower one is all H&R (barrel, op rod, bolt, NM trigger group) built on an Armscorp M21 receiver with a Smith Vortex flash hider. It will go in a Springfield M21 walnut stock. It will wear a Burris Black Diamond mounted on a Smith Mount with Precision Reflex rings.

I want to thank Blacksheep25 for the M21 stock, BigMC for the H&R barrel trade, Redbone for buying my build tools, and most of all Warbird for the excellent job!

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Nice rifles. Where can I get a commercial NM flash hider? And how much are they? I am going to have a rifle built to a LRB receiver and I don't want to use my USGI flash hider w/bayonet lug until I see what happens to AWB in September. Thanks in advance for your replies!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wow! Well done! nice work by you and Warbird. Now lets hear a range report and see how those beauties shoot , -Moose

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
I see some posts by a mighty happy man. :D

Congrats on your rifles, they are "Way Cool". 8) 8) 8)

I'm with Moose - love those range reports.

Pardon me but I've got to go clean the drool off my keyboard. I hate it when that happens. =P~

duckbuck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.