M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
hope she made it.
she's pretty then , I bet she is still good looking :love::p
It's fun to think so Raul, but 30 years of smoking cigarettes, sub-standard dental care, and plenty of the local peach brandy will devastate anybody's looks. Circa 1976 I waited for young lovely Laura to turn 18 so I could ask her out. She was easily the best-looking girl at the beach that year. Was she ever good-looking, maybe too much so. She smoked cigarettes and I thought enough of her to bribe her with $100 bill to quit. She did, until she dumped me -- which didn't take that long.

I got a call from her not long ago -- I am not making this up -- after 40-something years. She's got stage 4 lung cancer. Plenty of booze. Plenty of sun. Never quit smoking. Never married. I pulled her up on Face Book. Ever hear the phrase, "the horror, the horror?" My wife keeps encouraging me to see if Laura will take me back . . . which says something about my good looks. (Or lack thereof.)

·
Registered
785 Posts
o_O:eek: your wife wants to get r*** of you ;) LOL
I smoked for 30 years and drank and smoked the good stuff too . my wife still thinks I'm handsome but she wears bottle coke glasses :geek::geek::geek: HAHAHAHAHAHA
yup I hear you , I know some that are hard to look at and if they didn't tell me who they are I would never have know it was them.

JK all in good pun H.Tom.
Raul - out

·
Registered
609 Posts
hope she made it.
she's pretty then , I bet she is still good looking :love::p
Hope she made it from what Brother, the war or from the lung, breast, lymphatic, brain, kidney, liver, throat, mouth, lip, tongue, bone marrow (leukemia) cancer you can get from smoking?

I too hope she survived the Busnian War and stopped smoking too.

Jarhead

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was in Bosnia late but right after 9-11 landed at Eagle base 17 Sept. 2001. At Camp Comanche near Tuzla. Lots of local attractive women worked on the camp. Food in the mess hall was good.
Then later in 2006 deployed to Al Asad Iraq a bunch of Bosnian women working there. They recognized our 29th ID patch asked about it. Most of them had worked on Eagle base.
I still chat with one of the interpreters I got to work with.
Also while there in Bosnia I got to work with a mentor program with a great group of 14 year old kids. They were a great and impressive bunch. Schools here in the U.S. need to tighten up. I often wonder how those kids are today.
We probably shouldn't talk about R&R up in Hungry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts