M14 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do all from Manchaca Tx. I am finally getting a decent start on my WW2 display and loving it. I recently squired the Smith Corona 03-A3 barreled receiver. Been looking for an 03 forever. Lucked onto this one, unmolested and like new. Unfired 11-43 barrel. I got the stock and metal from Sarco. Getting all that together was more of a pain than I expected, lucky they had what it needed. The rest in the pic is ka Springfield Armory forged receiver M1 carbine with all G.I. parts. An HRA M1 Garand I put together with all HRA near correct parts, and my S.A. M1A receiver with an all GI M14 parts kit, Bassett mount and Burris signature 1.5*6. Also a 1911a1 with a colt arsenal replacement slide on a R&R receiver that someone blued but otherwise all there. Rekon you might say I've got a thing for WW2 firearms. Hope I posted this in an ok place. Wish I had a better picture taking spot. Have a good day. Keep your powder dry and watch your top knot.
IMG_20210419_124529.jpg

·
Registered
8,673 Posts
You have very fine tastes in firearms sir. Nice tribe you have there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a bunch. No I intend on expanding it farther. I have a K98 I'm slowly fixing, long way to go tho. And I have a carcano carbine my grandfather hunted with that he bought at academy for $25. But my dad ground off the bayo mount and I broke the blade throwing it as a kid. Can't find a replacement. I'm also into building roller delays too I bounce around alot. But yea I'm really In to open bolt style rifles and 1911's. I've been bedridden for quite a while now and just got to feeling good enough to work on the 1903, but I'm pretty much on borrowed time now so just trying to get some of my projects I have before getting any more. Thanks again for the kind words. I'm mighty proud of em.
IMG_20201124_190127.jpg
The one on to in this pic is the first Garand I built, a mixmaster with an HRA receiver, that I just rebarreled with a new match barrel. All refinished parts except the receiver. Boyd oversize stock. Wanted to build one for service rifle matches, but haven't really been able to find anywhere round here that does em. But I haven't made it to the range in almost a year, bout to go nuts if I don't get to shoot some of this stuff! Mighty disappointing times were in now.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Thanks a bunch. No I intend on expanding it farther. I have a K98 I'm slowly fixing, long way to go tho. And I have a carcano carbine my grandfather hunted with that he bought at academy for $25. But my dad ground off the bayo mount and I broke the blade throwing it as a kid. Can't find a replacement. I'm also into building roller delays too I bounce around alot. But yea I'm really In to open bolt style rifles and 1911's. I've been bedridden for quite a while now and just got to feeling good enough to work on the 1903, but I'm pretty much on borrowed time now so just trying to get some of my projects I have before getting any more. Thanks again for the kind words. I'm mighty proud of em. View attachment 448658 The one on to in this pic is the first Garand I built, a mixmaster with an HRA receiver, that I just rebarreled with a new match barrel. All refinished parts except the receiver. Boyd oversize stock. Wanted to build one for service rifle matches, but haven't really been able to find anywhere round here that does em. But I haven't made it to the range in almost a year, bout to go nuts if I don't get to shoot some of this stuff! Mighty disappointing times were in now.
Thanks for sharing. God bless and keep you well. Those are well done. Have you looked into the CMP and some of the stuff they have?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, yea Im always looking thru their info hoping I'll see something close for competing. But dang if I'm not scared to shoot up all my ammo I've got to get back to where I could compete. And my range went up to $200 a year, that's a chunk, especially since I couldn't take advantage of it. Maybe one day things will calm down again. Not holding my breath tho. Ha.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Thanks a bunch. No I intend on expanding it farther. I have a K98 I'm slowly fixing, long way to go tho. And I have a carcano carbine my grandfather hunted with that he bought at academy for $25. But my dad ground off the bayo mount and I broke the blade throwing it as a kid. Can't find a replacement.
If you need Carcano parts, I think I may have found some you are looking for.

Carcano Parts - Liberty Tree Collectors
Sadly, I don't see the bayonet parts outside of a couple of front bands with a bayonet lug on them, but I suspect it's the other type of bayonet. Take a peek and see if they have the one you need and I missed it since you know better how the one you need looks. I want to say you are looking for the one that's the front sight base too, but I could be wrong.
Also ran into these choices.
Best price:
Carcano M91 Cavalry Carbine Folding Bayonet
Carcano Cavalry Carbine Bayonet, Original - Models 1891 & M1938
another choice:
Carcano M91 Carbine Folding Spike Bayonet Good
Repro:
Carcano Cavalry Carbine Repro Bayonet 1891 & 1938
Might be what you are looking for.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yessir I saw them. Those mounts are the rifle style I believe, big flat blade. The carbines had the spike, which by the way are seriously acurate and dangerous to throw, till it hits a tree sideways. I did see some replacements for them. It's just that silly little front sight pinned on lug I can't seem to locate. I sure wish he hadnt done that. I reloaded some ammo for it with the proper dia. bullets and couldn't believe how good it shot. My dad said he couldn't ever hit the side of a barn with it, but he was using US norma and hornady with .264 dia. bullets and it would keyhole over 100 yards. Now it's center of dinner plate, at least that's me shooting too. My grandfather was still getting italian ammo for it I rekon, because he never had a problem taking deer. Guess the bad rep they got came from that difference. The bullets I got averaged .267 and they worked great.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Yessir I saw them. Those mounts are the rifle style I believe, big flat blade. The carbines had the spike, which by the way are seriously acurate and dangerous to throw, till it hits a tree sideways. I did see some replacements for them. It's just that silly little front sight pinned on lug I can't seem to locate. I sure wish he hadnt done that. I reloaded some ammo for it with the proper dia. bullets and couldn't believe how good it shot. My dad said he couldn't ever hit the side of a barn with it, but he was using US norma and hornady with .264 dia. bullets and it would keyhole over 100 yards. Now it's center of dinner plate, at least that's me shooting too. My grandfather was still getting italian ammo for it I rekon, because he never had a problem taking deer. Guess the bad rep they got came from that difference. The bullets I got averaged .267 and they worked great.
Yep. Had the same issue looking for that the barrel mount during that search. Keep sniffing around. Might get lucky. I didn't peek in any of the online sales pages, but it might be unobtanium. EBay might turn one up or you might find a ratty barrelled action that has one you can steal. Maybe give the guys at Liberty Tree a buzz and see if they have an idea where one might be lurking. They might have one and it just isn't listed. Too bad no one makes a repro version of that mount (that I have yet to locate).
At least I found a few of the blades I think you need. Always a good plan to grab one before it becomes unobtanium.

Might find something in a Carcano based forum too. Never know. Sometimes you need to cast a wide net.
Italian Rifles

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sweet collection. Where did you find the 03A3 barreled action? I have all the parts, except those two for a rifle build.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got lucky and caught it on guntrader before someone else did. Most I see on there are drilled with sporter stocks. This one had a nice monte carlo stock on it but nobody went any further with it. Thank god. Prices on these complete mil spec are expensive nowadays. I did use some cheaper reman parts from Sarco, but they were blued like they're sposed to be. I can't wait to shoot it. It even has an unfired SC 11-43 barrel. I was excited.

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
7,074 Posts
If you want to be accurate on your WWII collection you would need a Winchester or Springfield M1 Garand, H&R's and IHC did not come out until the 50's, but you have a nice collection going.

eQ

·
Registered
226 Posts
If you want to be accurate on your WWII collection you would need a Winchester or Springfield M1 Garand, H&R's and IHC did not come out until the 50's, but you have a nice collection going.

eQ
I think I missed this post. For what it is worth I have a Winchester M1 with SN from 1943.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts