M14 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen this yet? Just came out. I haven't yet...but the DVD cover shows George Clooney with what "appears to be" an M14. Could be wrong...but looks like one.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
The stills on imdb show him holding what appears to be a suppressed Ruger mini-14 with a folding stock. Not a lot of detail but the magazine appears curved and the size just seems to be too small for an M14. However, I have been mistaken more than once. Have to see the flick to be sure. Good obs.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I saw this movie on comcast last night. First of all, the American said he needed something with "... the capacity of a sub machine gun and the accuracy of a rifle...". I said to myself "M14".

So, he receives the rifle in pieces from the Italian town's fedex type shop disguised as photographic supplies. When he first held up the barrel, it didn't have a FS. So, I wasn't sure. But.... then I saw the receiver and watched him assemble the op rod, spring, and op rod. Bolted on a scope mount and scope. Looked like an old military stock.

Then he made his own sound suppressor and screw on threads. So, the rifle looks odd with the short barrel and suppressor. In the movie, they depicted a screw on barrel for easy assembly. They took it out for some practice shooting. Sadly, the rifle came to a undignified end.

I am not familiar enough with a carbine to say, But I believe I saw an M14.

There were three themes to the movie:
- George Clooney
- Drop dead gorgeous female bodies
- The M14

·
Registered
82 Posts
Saw the movie this weekend....snore !

But to me the rifle looked like a Ruger mini 30 or mini 14 if you prefer.
First glance the rear of the receiver looked like a M14...but then the op rod was wrong and a shroud around the op rod made me think Ruger.

After that I watched Salt...Angelina Jolee (sp) that gal does some good action adventure movies. Even if they are unbelievable.

·
Registered
540 Posts
In the movie he actually says it's a Ruger.it's the part when he and the woman were test firing it by the river.he does call it a Ruger M14 tho,kinda snickered on that one.anyway what it looks like to me is a Ruger AC556 or at least the stock is from a AC556.thats a NFA mini 14,the same ones they used in the A team tv series.

·
Registered
266 Posts
In the movie he actually says it's a Ruger.it's the part when he and the woman were test firing it by the river.he does call it a Ruger M14 tho,kinda snickered on that one.anyway what it looks like to me is a Ruger AC556 or at least the stock is from a AC556.thats a NFA mini 14,the same ones they used in the A team tv series.
+1 Mini 14

I heard that tidbit about Ruger M14.... ugh hollyweird.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Saw the movie this weekend....snore
That is an huge understatement.. this movie sucked so bad..I wanted the two hours of my life back.. talk about slow and predictable.. It is a Mini-14 and not a M-14 by the way.. save your time and money and avoid seeing this garbage excuse of a worn out same old story Hollywood re-run.. B2B

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
I meant to post on this a few times.

I THOUGHT he said M14.
She said, she's never heard of it.
Then she said something light 556.

And yeah, he give's its velocity in MPH. Which not only won't help a European, but really does no good unless you're racing it.

The receiver and op rod and spring and all that assembly seemed faily M14ish. The barrel had a simple notched front sight, so obviously not an M14. And yeah, somehow he made this awesome supressor out of car parts that he randomly picked up in like 45 seconds. It didn't have much recoil, but at least it had recoil, which is more than can be said for a lot of HW movies where they're spraying these car-slicing rounds with massive muzzle flash that don't kick as much as a gnat.

Just looked up some pics of mini 14 and it could be that. Or it could be some made-up nonsense that goes really fast miles per hour.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Watched it in theaters. Was boring, stupid, and a waste of time. IMHO.

Never really got the point of the movie.

·
Registered
339 Posts
saw it last year while at school. my buddies had gotten into the habit of asking me what ever single gun on tv was. I answered mini 14 when it was still in parts but they tried giving me all sorts of crap when they goofed. then they started to leave the room when i started rebuking them lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts