M14 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I missed an auction on a 1983 (my born-on date) M1A Loaded for a great price because I had the time zones mixed up... that got me fired up so I jumped on the camo SM here on the forum because it’s awesome and I miss mine... Sold some more of my guns and came across an auction for an ‘85 Loaded w/ Leupy and an early G.G.&G mount... snatched it up to find a cool deal on an M1 Garand on this forum...

So now I have a SM, GI packed Loaded and an M1 Garand coming my way. I’m just glad I have a support group for this disease... then again, not sure it’s helping me lol

Humbly,
M14 Addict FRG1 dance2

·
Premium Member
8,146 Posts
Way to go Russ

Reactions: russmerle

·
Premium Member
8,146 Posts
I am still reloading mine

·
Premium Member
8,146 Posts
Glad you are back one of the early good one's for me here

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx JEFFJP_N_JJ, got busy for awhile. Hadn’t been shooting too much either. Glad to be back!

Glad you are back one of the early good one's for me here

·
Premium Member
8,146 Posts
nf1e is STILL the king on the Dots russ

·
Premium Member
8,146 Posts
This is the best I have done here in a while Russ but still can't get them to all land on the Dots!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,146 Posts
Check out my range reports Russ in the ammo section

·
Administrator
17,858 Posts
To admit that you have a problem Russ, then you're taking that first big step in recovery from your addiction. To help this along, it's required that you start buying only your body weight each month of military surplus ammunition and a M1A Battle Rifle. Then, with more support and help from your family and friends, slowly work down to twice a month until you can buy military surplus ammunition and M1A Battle Rifles each week without anymore problems, or until your bank card(s) hit the max limit. Just kidding......

I'm still trying to get back on the wagon again myself, no luck yet. I'm still on the powder patches with little success insight, I have to get a 2nd mortgaged on the house. My wife took the children and dogs and left me, but my doctor said I'm getting somewhat better. Ya right......

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think Loaded was a man’d In 96? But the ‘83 was advertised as a Loaded and the ‘85 was advertised as M1A with “National Match barrel” in the description... So I’m guessing they both have the NM barrel and the seller just described it as loaded. Idk but should be a good rifle. It’s serial was ‘85 and had the GI bolt and front bayo lug. With the mount and scope, hoping I also have some GI trigger parts in there.

I'm real curios about the 83 and 85 Loaded rifles. The Loaded didn't come out until about 96.

·
Premium Member
8,146 Posts
it now shoots flat bases better. Berger 150gr FB targets shoot about the same if you can afford them.
This is russmerle's thread blutrident

1 - 17 of 17 Posts