M14 Forum banner

That darn bug bit me again. Range report update.

2K views 30 replies 25 participants last post by  Shiloh1944 
#1 · (Edited)
Went to a gun show in Sweetwater, Texas. It is the same time every year and usually the best in this area. There are always plenty of “old west” stuff, my favorite. Well, as you would know it I spied this Winchester new model 1886 that I just couldn’t stop thinking about. There was a pretty good crowd of folks there so I made one complete round to see if there was anything I liked better than the 1886 I had seen. Didn’t see anything that really gripped my fancy like the 86 did so I went back to where it was. I asked the owner what his out the door price was and he quoted me a price $200 less than what he had it marked. That figure satisfied me so I counted it out and handed it to him. We shook hands and sealed the deal and now it is enjoying a space next to my other two 1886’s. 😊

It is a Winchester/Miroku Deluxe Issue Series T/D in 45-70. It has a half round/half octagon 26" barrel and the forend cap and butt plate appear to be nickel plated. I think it was a Davidsons exclusive issue, but I don't know the year. The rifle is new and unfired.

Air gun Horse Gun barrel Recreation Working animal

Sleeve Musical instrument Fashion accessory Liver Natural material

Air gun Grey Gun barrel Wood Trigger

Air gun Grey Fawn Gun barrel Wood

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice wood there.

#23 ·
Went to a gun show in Sweetwater, Texas. It is the same time every year and usually the best in this area. There are always plenty of “old west” stuff, my favorite. Well, as you would know it I spied this Winchester new model 1886 that I just couldn’t stop thinking about. There was a pretty good crowd of folks there so I made one complete round to see if there was anything I liked better than the 1886 I had seen. Didn’t see anything that really gripped my fancy like the 86 did so I went back to where it was. I asked the owner what his out the door price was and he quoted me a price $200 less than what he had it marked. That figure satisfied me so I counted it out and handed it to him. We shook hands and sealed the deal and now it is enjoying a space next to my other two 1886’s. 😊

It is a Winchester/Miroku Deluxe Issue Series T/D in 45-70. It has a half round/half octagon 26" barrel and the forend cap and butt plate appear to be nickel plated. I think it was a Davidsons exclusive issue, but I don't know the year. The rifle is new and unfired.

View attachment 510797

View attachment 510798

View attachment 510799

View attachment 510800
Very nice, I always wanted one of those with a 26" octangular barrel in 45-90. You know, for rabbit hunting. ;)

#24 ·

View attachment 510797

View attachment 510798

View attachment 510799

View attachment 510800
Can't beat a lever action in 45-70. Years ago I had a Marlin 1895 in 45-70. Was fun to hunt and shoot with

#28 ·
Beautiful rifle !
Are they still holding the gunshow concurently
with the rattlesnake roundup ?
I was there 3 times back in the late 70's early 80's in March replacing cement kiln sections @ Lone Star Cement . The gunshow gave me a good place to spend my extra cash along with
K-Bobs steak house .

#29 ·
Beautiful rifle !
Are they still holding the gunshow concurently
with the rattlesnake roundup ?
I was there 3 times back in the late 70's early 80's in March replacing cement kiln sections @ Lone Star Cement . The gunshow gave me a good place to spend my extra cash along with
K-Bobs steak house .
Yes. I don't go to see the snakes though. I go because of the gun show and the wife goes to the flea market barn. They also have a fair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.