M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to remove the trigger group from my LRB after a range day and it just would not come out no matter how hard I pulled. Seriously, I placed the rifle on the bed, got on it with both knees, pulled with both hands and it would not budge. I put the safety on, took it off, opened the bolt, closed the bolt, no combination worked

So, I did a search here on "stuck trigger group" and had the answer, with photos, after reviewing the second thread I looked at. The bolt release pin had shifted so I took a flat head screw driver and pushed it back into alignment just like the post said to do and problem solved. The trigger group came right out.

Thank you to all who have shared their experiences, good and bad, with the M14/M1A style rifles. This forum must be the best online source of information there is.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Mag release pin?

So, I did a search here on "stuck trigger group" and had the answer, with photos, after reviewing the second thread I looked at. The bolt release pin had shifted so I took a flat head screw driver and pushed it back into alignment just like the post said to do and problem solved. The trigger group came right out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts