M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
In researching this product deficiency, I found LC, or ATK in Missouri, had QC issues when this lot was ran through their minigun. ATK said they probably had the punch break for piercing the flash hole which lead to reject status. They sold it to Ten Ring and Ten Ring sent it out to a reloader, who they were displeased with now, where it was suppose to be 'pulled down', reloaded and quality checked. Unless they used a kinetic puller, the rounds have no signs of being 'pulled down'. They most likely tumbled them as noted by the porcelain media in the one primer pocket and sold them by a check weighted box of 500. Ten Ring also sells 9, 40 & 45, so be advised. Ten Ring has offered me 2000-LC brass to make this right and seems very interested in customer satisfaction, not an even exchange IMO. I will be pulling down some random samples of LC13 & other years first to verify if they are primed with flash holes not pierced and then determine my next course of action.

I was hoping I may find someone else that purchased this product and their experience with same.

·
Registered
9,992 Posts
It seems like ATK has had a lot of issues with quality on LC 13 brass. While a lot of people seem to disagree as to the cause, I've seen several comments about case heads cracking after one reload (two firings total); I believe that the cases were not properly annealed during manufacturing.

Reactions: TiredNWornout

·
Registered
68 Posts
In researching this product deficiency, I found LC, or ATK in Missouri, had QC issues when this lot was ran through their minigun. ATK said they probably had the punch break for piercing the flash hole which lead to reject status. They sold it to Ten Ring and Ten Ring sent it out to a reloader, who they were displeased with now, where it was suppose to be 'pulled down', reloaded and quality checked. Unless they used a kinetic puller, the rounds have no signs of being 'pulled down'. They most likely tumbled them as noted by the porcelain media in the one primer pocket and sold them by a check weighted box of 500. Ten Ring also sells 9, 40 & 45, so be advised. Ten Ring has offered me 2000-LC brass to make this right and seems very interested in customer satisfaction, not an even exchange IMO. I will be pulling down some random samples of LC13 & other years first to verify if they are primed with flash holes not pierced and then determine my next course of action.

I was hoping I may find someone else that purchased this product and their experience with same.
Yes, it is clear now. They were not at fault, their reloader (who shall remain nameless) was at fault. Stuff like this makes my head hurt. Sorry about your loss. Thanks for the report.

PS: This is not just LC13. He is showing me LC12's in his photo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ten Ring 308 Win/7.62 NATO

Thank you CCW for noticing the LC12, the three were not all LC13 as in the OP. I must say the gentleman I spoke to at ATK was very informative and explained the QC process and steps that place the rejected lots available to be sold, at this ammo was.

I just took a third look and to my eyes they look like all LC13, one does look like a 12 depending on how the light hits it thought. I'll put up another picture of the three thorns in my side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ten Ring Ammo in Gentry, MO

Hello Benny S
The company that I have been in contact with is in MO, the store you are referring to is in TX, I believe. This company also has a DBA of Dynamic Research Technology, the frangible company. I did speak with another person at ATK, I need to call him back to clarify his email response, but it sounds encouraging in that those three may be the only ones without pierced flash holes.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hello Benny S
The company that I have been in contact with is in MO, the store you are referring to is in TX, I believe. This company also has a DBA of Dynamic Research Technology, the frangible company. I did speak with another person at ATK, I need to call him back to clarify his email response, but it sounds encouraging in that those three may be the only ones without pierced flash holes.
Funny! Well good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.