M14 Forum banner
161 - 166 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
I didn't want to nit pick, but if everyone is on board I'm good with 200.
I always shoot on the competition range, which starts at 200 and goes to 600, so I prefer 200. There is no benches though.
If not I just go to the bench rest range that's 50, 100, 150, and 200, but it's always crowded.
Either way I'm good.
200 yards with 2 inch dots it is... See the new 20 dot hot shot thread for the updated rules.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
lmao

bustedknuckles - regardless of the timing it's good to see you out and shooting! I've been there done that with the back and neck surgeries....it's one thing to get out there physically......but mentally it can be a different story.

When I had discs removed and vertebrae shaved in my neck to free my spinal cord they put a plate in to hold my mellon on.....first time I got out to shoot afterwards I had nightmares of becoming a human Pez dispenser....to this day I always have that thought in my mind that one of the six screws will come loose when I shoot...especially the M1A in a t-shirt....; )

Even the lower back surgeries can have bearing. The one I had last November really did a number on my shooting mechanics....I may be able to shoot prone again one day...but I won't push it.

So glad these contests came about....

Look forward to seeing your entries.....
Thanks brother, I have not shot prone yet, your right though I may have trouble, definitely have to relearn all the positions. I was bone on bone before so my flexibility isn't affected, it's just still tender and sore.
I am also having to learn how to shoot off a bench too, I have some horizontal stringing going on, I think from the odd trigger pull angle.
Like I said I always go to the competition range to avoid the crowd and rarely ever shot from a bench.

You should get a new disc for your neck, they just started doing it in the US, but they won't do it for lower back, but I've heard it's like being brand new, huge improvement over the fusion.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Hey ordie, do you think I should not be shooting? I have a 15lb restriction still. I never thought about it, I just worried about carrying the rifle then the ammo bag then a 3rd trip to the car for the spotter, normally I'd just grab all 3, I thought I was being a good boy, didn't even consider recoil.

I'm already planning to buy 1 8lb jug of powder at a time so I don't go over my restrictions when I run up to Perry!

·
Super Moderator
11,518 Posts
We could probably adjust the rules if you want to shoot 2 inch spotters at 200 yards... since no one has entered yet. Granted, 100 yards should technically be easier given effect of the wind.
I'd be down with that. It would stop me from having to go to two ranges to shoot my match rifle and my scoped rifle. Our 100yd line is separate from the high power ranges (200/300).

Tony.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Hey ordie, do you think I should not be shooting? I have a 15lb restriction still. I never thought about it, I just worried about carrying the rifle then the ammo bag then a 3rd trip to the car for the spotter, normally I'd just grab all 3, I thought I was being a good boy, didn't even consider recoil.

I'm already planning to buy 1 8lb jug of powder at a time so I don't go over my restrictions when I run up to Perry!
I know the Doc tells you one thing......but I also listened to my body as well. It will tell you if you are over doing it....; )

As for the new disc....I'll be getting a new knee before that.....getting old is a mess! Don't beat yourselves up kids!

161 - 166 of 166 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.