M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK some of you have seen my various “I will take it” posts in the PX for stocks used in service and parts to complete two builds. One will be a USMC DMR and one will be a Navy SSR. So here is a tease thread to whet your appetite for the final build threads for each of Tribute Rifles.

Here are a couple of photos of the gathered USMC DMR kit.

Here are a couple of photos of the gathered Navy SSR kit.

Here are some photos of both kits being packed to ship off to Forceman who will be doing both builds for me.

Both kits are now in his possession awaiting his review of the kits and our discussion of what all will be entailed in the builds for his part. My plan is to visit with him and pick them up in person in March 2022 while I am in the Phoenix area to compete in the World Championships of Cowboy Action Shooting “End of Trail”. That is all for now.
Scout

·
Premium Member
5,124 Posts
Awesome CTS,, I love seeing what you're up to!! Should make for some very nice builds!!!!
Am curious, as you know I collect T-4 cheek pads and M1907 leather slings. What's the date on the sling for your SSR?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome CTS,, I love seeing what you're up to!! Should make for some very nice builds!!!!
Am curious, as you know I collect T-4 cheek pads and M1907 leather slings. What's the date on the sling for your SSR?
These two buids were supposed to be my last additions and then that XM-3 came along and jumped out and grabbed me. :p I got that sling from RandomGuy and it is MRT 10-09 but is faint because there is a crease in the sling right across the middle of it. The sling I recently purchased off the forum for my M24 is MRT 5-95 (was really wanting something in the date range of 88 to 93). Still need one for the DMR in the date range of 00 to 08, preferably used.

Reactions: m1sniper

·
Registered
48 Posts
Damn those are awesome. Forceman just finished a SSR build for me and it turned out to be awesome. Don't know if you have any builds by Forceman yet but you will not be disappointed. You will have to share when those are complete.

Thanks for sharing this part.

·
Premium Member
5,124 Posts
1987 to 1994 seem to be difficult dates to find. Plenty of 12/86s and quite a few 1995s out there. I'm looking for one either 1989 or 1990 to go with the McMillan stock I bought off a member a while ago that has a target type rail on the underside and what looks exactly like an H&K bipod integral to the end of the stock.. Per the former owner, info he got from Josh at McMillan is that it's one of about 50 made for the US Navy SEALS in that time range. One Navy person Random Guy asked about it said he remembers a couple of stocks like it but in a camo scheme. Mine is black. Buddy of mine spoke to former SEAL Monty LeClair (spel), and he too does remember seeing these stocks with the H&K bipod, but he remembers a camo scheme too. This black one was cut for the full auto parts and connector arm, but filled in by the owner before. I've since cleaned out the bedding.
Anyone have a stock like this? | M14 Forum

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
End of the trail is in Phoenix? I seem too remember for some reason it was held near Tombstone..
Originally in California, then moved to New Mexico, in 2022 it moves to the Ben Avery Facility North Phoenix where the National Champions known as Winter Range was held until now.

·
Registered
755 Posts
These two buids were supposed to be my last additions and then that XM-3 came along and jumped out and grabbed me. :p I got that sling from RandomGuy and it is MRT 10-09 but is faint because there is a crease in the sling right across the middle of it. The sling I recently purchased off the forum for my M24 is MRT 5-95 (was really wanting something in the date range of 88 to 93). Still need one for the DMR in the date range of 00 to 08, preferably used.
Awesome builds you have going on, I especially like the DMR and always wanted to do one of those myself, but I could never find the right stock. If you're still looking for a 00-08 sling, I have a 1-07 sling I'd being willing to let go of, but its new. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
58 Posts
OK some of you have seen my various “I will take it” posts in the PX for stocks used in service and parts to complete two builds. One will be a USMC DMR and one will be a Navy SSR. So here is a tease thread to whet your appetite for the final build threads for each of Tribute Rifles.

Here are a couple of photos of the gathered USMC DMR kit.

Here are a couple of photos of the gathered Navy SSR kit.

Here are some photos of both kits being packed to ship off to Forceman who will be doing both builds for me.

Both kits are now in his possession awaiting his review of the kits and our discussion of what all will be entailed in the builds for his part. My plan is to visit with him and pick them up in person in March 2022 while I am in the Phoenix area to compete in the World Championships of Cowboy Action Shooting “End of Trail”. That is all for now.
Scout
This is a good problem to have…lol…nice parts pile.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update as of today. The Navy SSR was completed last month and Forceman sent a bunch of photos today. Here are just two of them for now since this is still just a tease thread. ;)

Wood Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun accessory

Wood Air gun Automotive exterior Trigger Shotgun

This what he said yesterday in an email about the progress of the USMC DMR:
"The DMR is coming along nice. Pretty much done except for the bedding and final assembly." :D

Also I am about to send him items for a Navy Port Security Rifle build using an issue stock that I aquired from tarnel earlier this month. As stated in my WTB the B&L 10x tactical scope I just aquired locally a super match built by the AMU in early 1990s for an Army shooter I know personally. I got it out of the heavy synthetic stock last week, cleaned it up and documented all the parts. Here are a couple tease photos for that build. :p

Wood Bumper Automotive tire Floor Rim

Wood Flooring Magenta Metal Event

Wood Metal Door Rectangle Composite material

Material property Office supplies Metal Wood Office equipment

Wood Tool Metal Auto part Kitchen utensil

Wood Office supplies Bumper Window Automotive exterior

Office supplies Automotive exterior Bumper Wood Auto part

Tool Hand tool Kitchen utensil Wood Auto part

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats on those nice replica builds. Curious, are either of the black stocks set up for front lugs, or were they both set-up for rear lugs only. Just curious.
Rear lug only on the stocks.

Reactions: Random Guy

·
Registered
696 Posts
I can see that M14 of the month is not in my future. Thanks buddy

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 40 Posts