M14 Forum banner

Tasty BAR for sale

3182 Views 25 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  7 for 1
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=256990205

Question: since this is apparently a newly-mfg receiver... it wouldn't be transferable to the "normal" people who can legally buy pre-1986 stuff, right?
Reactions: The Cat
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,651 Posts
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=256990205

Question: since this is apparently a newly-mfg receiver... it wouldn't be transferable to the "normal" people who can legally buy pre-1986 stuff, right?
I may be mis-understanding your question, but 'Group Industries' was one of the major players back just before the May, 1986 NFA Ban went into effect. They did a lot of UZI's as I recall.
I don't see any reference to 'newly-manufactured'...
Yes, They Did 'Manufacture' The Receiver, and no doubt used all kinds of BAR Parts In It...But Not Recently.
My belief would be that it was fully 'Papered' Before the '86 Ban and is being sold now as a Class III Full-Auto for $25,000 PLUS(Starting Bid with Reserve!)
So, If Your State Allows, AND You Have $25K +...You Can Buy It!
GI2

CAVman in WYoming

Reactions: 1KPerDay

· Registered
788 Posts
Damn, that gun looks dirty good.

· Registered
4,104 Posts
Yeah, sweet. That was another one of my screw ups. I had picked up an unissued BAR kit back in the early 80's for some absurd price, $275 sticks in my mind. It was a beautiful Winchester pars kit. Absolutely mint. I hung onto it for several years waiting for someone to start making a functional semi auto receiver.

One of my buddies pestered my unmercifully for years to sell it to him. I finally gave in when he offered me a sweet enough deal. Don't remember what I got for it but soon afterward (4-5 years) someone finally started making that semiauto receiver. Sigh.

· Retired Admin
I lost all my firearms in the Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
22,988 Posts
That's just down right beautiful to look at, I wonder how she fires?DI5

· Registered
788 Posts
I also really enjoy seeing the butt plate/ flip up ( dont know the name) I guess thats where our M1a's got it from...

· Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Wow to bad I make peanuts...that would be one helluva stick to add to the ol' collection.

· Registered
258 Posts
I have one of the semi's that ohio ordnance makes. Everytime I take it to the range I barely get to shoot it, because everyone swarms around me and wants to look/hold it.

It's a beast though, about 25lbs. It's not fun to shoot offhand. lol

· Registered
4,744 Posts
My ship had BAR's in it's armoury along with 1911's, M-1's and Thompsons. We used to shoot them off of the fantail of the ship in the Nam for gunnery practice. I learned to love the BAR and I would dearly love to own that BAR. But that is about as likely for a retired cop on social security as flying to the moon. It just ain't gonna happen.

However all is not lost because back in 86 when the machine gun moratorium came out, I bought a new Powder Springs MAC-10 for $400.00 + transfer fee of $200.00. So it's not like I don't have something interesting to shoot, if I want to waste a lot of ammo in a hurry.

7th

· Registered
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's a deal, Seventh. I got my M-11/9mm for about a grand plus stamp in 1994, and I thought I was doing well.

· Registered
8,042 Posts
Would not want to shoot it full-auto with the chamber plug in it. I have used chamber plugs to convert a couple 30.06 M1s but I reamed the chamber with a .308 pull through reamer which makes them permanently .308. Have not had a problem in over 2,000 rounds through each rifle.

However, full-auto with the reamer just stuck in the chamber could result in the plug being ejected. Might also bend the extractor like I had in the first M1 I put a plug in without reaming the chamber.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.