M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm not saying I agree with the BLM's proposition, but please pick up your trash when you are done shooting. Not only is it unsightly and irresponsible but it gives anti-gunners ammo to use against us.
The sleaze-bag, scum sucking pig, haul their junk to public land shoot it up and leave it lay types are a major problem here in CO as well.

Not just what they shoot, but where they shoot. In 2015 in CO two people in separate incidents were hit by stray shots while up in the mountains. One of them died.

Not hunting accidents, just some bozo spraying rounds out in the woods. The man who died was sitting around a campfire with his family.

I saw a thread on AR15.com. The tacticool bunch was complaining that club ranges do not allow them to "move and shoot". Their solution was to go to BLM and Forest Service lands and run their "drills" there.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Theres always been idiots making a mess of things, just seems to be more of them these days. Folks who never had proper manners beat into them as youngsters.

Last time I was on shooting on public land with some buddies, a fish cop rolled up on us, Im sure with the intention of scolding us about picking up our mess. When he saw the trash bags in the back of the truck, full of other peoples "targets" that we'd already cleaned up, his tune changed real quick.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Easy solution, put the land to state control, the state can auction it off. All those who have an interest in using the land can buy a piece and control it for their uses. If the hooligans want a piece to trash up, they can buy one. It's the only real solution, but it requires people putting their efforts/money where their desires are.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I do not shoot on public ground since I belong to a nice range 5 min from home.

We do run 4WD trails and often pick up and haul out trash left by the mouth breathers.

Those swine ought to be horsewhipped until their ribs show.

Reactions: JEFFJP_N_JJ

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Easy solution, put the land to state control, the state can auction it off. All those who have an interest in using the land can buy a piece and control it for their uses. If the hooligans want a piece to trash up, they can buy one. It's the only real solution, but it requires people putting their efforts/money where their desires are.
No offense but that is the worst idea I've heard yet. What would end up happening is rich liberals would buy all the land and we would all loose access. What needs to happen is that if folks get caught leaving trash they need to be fined and banned from shooting on public lands.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Theres always been idiots making a mess of things, just seems to be more of them these days. Folks who never had proper manners beat into them as youngsters.

Last time I was on shooting on public land with some buddies, a fish cop rolled up on us, Im sure with the intention of scolding us about picking up our mess. When he saw the trash bags in the back of the truck, full of other peoples "targets" that we'd already cleaned up, his tune changed real quick.
Thanks Girth; that's they way to change minds!

·
Registered
612 Posts
No offense but that is the worst idea I've heard yet. What would end up happening is rich liberals would buy all the land and we would all loose access. What needs to happen is that if folks get caught leaving trash they need to be fined and banned from shooting on public lands.
What you say is no doubt true.

However, the rabid environmentalists are slowly but surely getting what used to be "multiple use" public lands locked away by forcing it to be reclassified as Wilderness, wilderness study areas, areas of critical environmental concern, National Monuments........etc.

The end result is roads and trails that have existed since horse and wagon days are bulldozed shut or gated. Foot travel only.

The west is turning into an enviro amusement park for the watermelons.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

However, the rabid environmentalists are slowly but surely getting what used to be "multiple use" public lands locked away by forcing it to be reclassified as Wilderness, wilderness study areas, areas of critical environmental concern, National Monuments........etc.

The end result is roads and trails that have existed since horse and eagon days are bulldozed shut or gated. Foot travel only.

Unfortunately what you describes is also happening. The forest service around my parts have basically gone from a functioning organization that actually managed the forest to one that tries to gate every road in. Its frustrating because there is some middle ground where we can preserve what we have, but still use and enjoy it. There are too many morons on either extreme that it ends up ruining it for those of us that use it appropriately.

·
Read Only
1,668 Posts
I remember years ago when they started denying access to the 4 wheeler's and ATV rider's and no body cared. Just extending their control over what we do on land that "we the people" supposedly own.

·
Banned
4,581 Posts
No surprise here with the actions of the BLM. The Spotted Owl ended most harvesting of forest products. Here in Oregon they closed open forest to recreational shooters, gold miners, hikers, ATV's, etc. Once they were successful in removing "We The People", the land went back to it's natural state. At that time some of the biggest forest fires burned millions of acres of saleable timber. The dismantling of America continues. Leave it up to the Fed's to find a "study" that says "Keep The People Off Of The Land"....

Hobo

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
And in my experience, 99% of those watermelons live in major metropolitan areas and closest they get to ever using the closed off lands they so joyfully helped close is when they watch a show about it on their tv. I lived in north Idaho for 8.5 years and hunted, cross country skied, and hiked everywhere between 30 miles south of Salmon up to the Priest River range just south of Canada. Never ever saw a watermelon when I was out; only locals!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
And in my experience, 99% of those watermelons live in major metropolitan areas and closest they get to ever using the closed off lands they so joyfully helped close is when they watch a show about it on their tv. I lived in north Idaho for 8.5 years and hunted, cross country skied, and hiked everywhere between 30 miles south of Salmon up to the Priest River range just south of Canada. Never ever saw a watermelon when I was out; only locals!!
I agree. The money behind the enviro fanatic groups comes from urban leftists and big progressive foundations

They might worship mother earth but their expensive shoes rarely leave the pavement.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
None taken, and none intended as I point out that what we're seeing here is the result of rich liberals being in control of the BLM land as it is. Rich liberal is also something that wouldn't occur naturally, without government influence. Think it through, critically.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts

The end result is roads and trails that have existed since horse and wagon days are bulldozed shut or gated. Foot travel only.

Rich liberals are currently in control, this is the result.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Unfortunately what you describes is also happening. The forest service around my parts have basically gone from a functioning organization that actually managed the forest to one that tries to gate every road in. Its frustrating because there is some middle ground where we can preserve what we have, but still use and enjoy it. There are too many morons on either extreme that it ends up ruining it for those of us that use it appropriately.
There are two ways for people to interact with each other, through reason, and through force. We are far better off with people, who control the land, that are required to function through reason, they can be reasoned with. The people in control of that particular resource, deal through force, and can't be relied upon to act reasonably. The result is usually something that nobody is happy with.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.