M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL no one is missing any thing. In the year or so of being here and acrross the street when asked who to use for a gun smith I had never heard of any one mentioning Tanks before until the other day in a post here. I just wanted to know the skinny, the low down, in plain english just some plain jane info. I hope nobodies panties got into to big of a wad :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
I just got my rifle back from Tank's Wednesday (7/21) so it may have been me, what do you want to know? He didn't build my rifle but he reworked it quite a bit and the test target he sent me speaks for the work.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The first I heard of him was about 12 or so years ago. One of his specialties at the time was retrofitting M1 Garands to take a 20 round BAR magazine. I had a catalog but tossed it when I found myself up to my eyeballs in paper.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
I got a chance to try my rifle this weekend, the work Tank did was excellent. It's such a great shooter I'm dropping the iron sights and permanently scoping it. This weekend I'll get a new Smith mount and Leupold Mk 4 rings on it and try it at the range again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.