M14 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SA Garand receiver modified to take M-14 mags. 30/06 barrel replaced with a 308 tanker barrel & SE recoil compensator added. Modified a M14E2 stock to fit it.

This is my absolute favorite rifle.
NM front & rear sights.
HuntingHawk

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I was trying to build was power of main battle rifle with mobility of an assault rifle. Wanted hard hitting & good iron sights to 500 yds. Before knocking a shoulder out was able to hold it in one hand & empty the mag.

She is a dream to shoot. Something to think about though is with a full length barrel the rifle is unbalanced. With standard stock you have the goodies in the buttstock which acts as a counterweight. But this isn't a problem with the shorter tanker barrel. I was so impressed with the SE recoil compensator I put one on my AK.

HH

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
HuntingHawk:

I'm not sure if it's my computer but your pics seem to go from big to very small on the last two...

Let me know if that was intentional or if I should check my computer...

Aloha,

Tom O.

PS... Like your post, that's why I came back to see more... :lol:

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its cause I'm a computer dummy. Trying to learn how to do stuff & frequently screw it up. Download the pic then you can en;arge it.

HH

·
Registered
24 Posts
"SE recoil compensator". Who makes this?

That is a fine looking weapon. I'm really impressed. Is there anyone doing this commercially?

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
Sound like you got winner there Hawk, VERY COOL. does have that BM59 look and if it shoots like one its got to be a winner. Build on

·
Registered
846 Posts
SE in this case means smith enterprise.

very cool looking rifle.

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Been over 15 years since I had the Garand converted & don't remember the name of the place but receiver work was done in a place in Charleston,SC. I'm not familiar with the BM59 but if anything like this, one would be well worth having.
Anyone wants anymore pics of it just let me know.
HH

1 - 16 of 16 Posts