M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all just saying hello after finding this great forum. Me> Marine GySgt, 17 years like most been all over the world but only recently started my gun collection as funds have allowed. I recently purchased my "first" M1A it's an SA Loaded.
From what i can tell using that awesome s/n database is that it was manufactured some time in 02. That being said I hope that I might get a couple questions answered.

1. I do not like the muzzle break that came on it. Is it permanent due to date of manufacture? Will i be able to tell by looking at it?

2. If I can indeed swap it myself, is it absolutely a must to have a flash hider alignment tool?

thanks in advance for the assistance.

Mookie

·
Registered
137 Posts
Most people don't like the break that comes on the rifle and swap them out for a different one. You could go with a Smith Vortex, USGI type or several companys like Brownells has quality repro. in std. config. or NM reamed style. In my experience a Flash hider alignment tool is not necessary, there are several other ways to check alignment. Your flash hider should not be permanently attached unless you have a Calif. model ( even then they're not permanent). I'm sure you'll get lots of good advice on this question. Lots of great knowledgable people here. Hello from Michigan!

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, Mookie_s14, you got one answer to your question from 7.62 Nato but if you would like a lot more go down to the "Firing Line" forum and post your question there. If you have any problem doing so shoot me a PM and I will do it for you. I am sure you will enjoy the forums and being here with us, have fun.

-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts