M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an LRB M-25 in a SAGE with a JP muzzle break. I used to have on the SEI GLFS but took it off when I put on the JP. Did not see the need for two front sight mounting locations being on the rifle at the same time...To make a long story short. The last range trip I ran out of elevation when zeroing. I.E. I could not bring the rear sight down enough to zero at 100 yards. My best guess at this point is I am about 3 inches off from being zero and the only thing I can do is try to find a taller front sight? Is there such a thing? and if there is, can someone point in the right direction in getting one.

Thanks

I forgot to mention I have it on an 18 inch barrel...

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I believe that I have read about this problem before and that Springfield has a taller front sight option used on their Scout models but I won't swear to it.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Yes springfeild has a taller front site for the scout. It is $42.00 plus shipping.

However you may be able to get a taller .072 NM site that is taller than standard. That is what I used to get my 22in to zero when it was shooting 8 to 10 in high at 100.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts