M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a taller front sight blade required when you put a Smith Enterprise Vortex Flash Suppressor (Model 2002V - the one with the sight base on it and a castle nut fitting) on a 18.5 inch barrell? If so, where can I get one, since Smith doesn't have any taller sights?

Thanks

·
Registered
266 Posts
don't know why you would do that when you have the the GLFS for the 18.5 hooded and dove tail....
huh guess it would save you from buying another pricey part.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
don't know why you would do that when you have the the GLFS for the 18.5 hooded and dove tail....
huh guess it would save you from buying another pricey part.
You get the advantage of the slightly longer sight radius. But Springfield wants an obnoxious amount of money for that tall front sight, and its a cast part as well. I wish SEI would make a nice machined tall NM front sight to use with their USCG brake on a scout.

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
Is a taller front sight blade required when you put a Smith Enterprise Vortex Flash Suppressor (Model 2002V - the one with the sight base on it and a castle nut fitting) on a 18.5 inch barrell? If so, where can I get one, since Smith doesn't have any taller sights?
Thanks
Scott, why can't you just reuse the original sight that came with the scout? Does the Vortex lower the sight base compared to the original?

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
If you had a scout front site as oem you should be good to go.
However if you did not you will be forced to buy from SAI or get the tritium site from smith, they sell a taller version.

SAI scout sites run 42.00 ea + shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts