M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All

I've been around here for over a year now but have hardly posted. I love the classic look of the M1A/M14. Wood or fiberglass was my preference aside from a brief stint in an Archangel (surprisingly good stock). I recently won a Sage EBR Mod 0 in OD Green. Of course I immediately took my lady's classical clothes off, oiled her up a bit, a slapped her into her new chassis. Anybody else getting warm? GI3 She loves to perform in her new getup. She gets a lot of attention when we go out. She has beefed up a bit but I don't make mind a girl with a little extra. I'm not overly slender myself. As much as I enjoy her now I kind of miss her old self. Her classic lines and simple accessories. What makes you fellas keep the EBR around? Do you miss the classic look? Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Stick with the what the rifle was designed to have. A wood stock. These new taticool ones are just to fancy for my taste. Plus they weigh more.
I will say I like the McMillan USMC camo stocks. Those are some very nice stocks. I think the best.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I plan to settle mine in a SAGE and put my nice wood up for when I want something pretty to look at. Id say keep it in the SAGE and keep the wood in the closest for when you need that classic look

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,061 Posts
The Sage EBR is tank tough. If the M1A/M14 is your SHTF rifle, I would prefer the strongest chassis to a wood stock, no matter how beautiful. I do recommend more than one even though its cliche to do so, that way you can have both and not worry.
m14brian

·
Registered
918 Posts
Just remember that with the sage guide block you can only use it in A sage.... I can swap mine out of the jae in five mins.... That was one of my main points to sell off the sage. It's a good stock I loved it but something about the usgi fiberglass that I couldn't give up on it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wholeheartedly agree that more rifles would not only solve my dilemma, but also put a warm, fuzzy, boyish glee in my innards that I haven't felt since the night infiltration course back in '95. The biggest concern I have with buying more rifles at this point would be figuring out how to pay for the divorce.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to everyone who gave input. I think the Sage is a fine chassis but a little fancy for a simple feller like myself. I'm sure it won't be hard to find it a good home. Have a Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
452 Posts
( maybe this will help )

I was at a stop light one day in my old quad cab with 4 of my gear head - gun loving friends in my truck, one is 21 years old, one is 26, one is 66, one is 34 and I'm 50 so there is a broad demographic of testosterone to sample here.

Well , on our 'right' was a brand new Corvette with all the aftermarket high end goodies , it look like Foose customized it from my ride, ok it was Bad Azz.

On our 'left', was an almost stock 60's split window Corvette with perfect paint and what sounded like a 'rumbling' HiPo sounding engine.

( must have been a Vet club rally happening that day )

So, the new Vet pulled up 1st we all gawked and said 'nice ride', then the old Vet pulled up a close 2nd and we all went DAM, now THAT is a SWEET ride. we all never looked at the new Vet again, it was old school LOVE for each and every one of us.

Gettin the hint USN2

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes Sir,

Those are my thoughts exactly. It's hard to beat the sex appeal of a classic performance machine.

·
Super Moderator
11,087 Posts
Keep the SAGE but put the rifle back in wood. Shoot it in wood for a while and make sure you won't change your mind to go back to the SAGE. If you shoot it for a while and still have no desire to go modern again, then sell the chassis.

Or buy another rifle.

Tony.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Sounds to me like you need to buy another rifle to put in that stock.......

Reactions: WLJames
1 - 20 of 26 Posts