M14 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently sold a roughly 12-year old reproduction A1 folding stock to a fellow carbine owner living in New Zealand. About a week after I sent it out, I got an email from him thanking me, but telling me that the customs people at his end had confiscated and destroyed it as a "Prohibited part to construct an assault weapon". They would not even entertain the idea of returning it to me so that I could refund the hapless fellows money. Since they were able to destroy it, he will not be prosecuted(!). Apparently, in NZ you can own an M1 carbine provided that it has no bayonet lug, or pistol-grip folder, and you hold magazine capacity to 7 (?) rounds. He also learned that had he gone to his local magistrate, applied for an 'E' endorsment on his firearms license, paid the fee of $700NZ, and been approved, THEN it would have been OK to import and receive the stock or a higher capacity magazine. Geez; I thought we had it bad. :(

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.