M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the M1A but this looks very promising, and will come in 5.56, 6.8 and a larger receiver version in 7.62 that may be the ultimate. I'm going to try the 7.62 version or the 6.8 if the ammunition ever becomes plentiful.

"The XCRTM Modular Weapon System was designed specifically for the U.S. Special Forces. The goal was to design a rifle which was as reliable and durable as an AK47 but which had the ergonomics, accuracy, and accessory options of an M4 Carbine. What we ended up with is a rifle which is as reliable and durable as an AK47, but which has better ergonomics, accuracy, and accessory attachment options than the M4, combined with the ability to quickly and efficiently change barrels and calibers." http://www.robarm.com/xcrtm_modular_weapon_system.htm

·
Registered
980 Posts
Sounds very interesting. I read the FAQ and it sounds like one major drawback is that it has a single stage trigger.

·
Registered
947 Posts
The M96 "system" by the same maker hasn't been real successful. I don't see anything in this system to make it so either.

It may have been designed for US Special Forces -- but I'm not sure US Special Forces requested it or even knows about it. Note the semantics. As the statement "I signed a multi million dollar contract to play quarterback for the Packers" doesn't mean the Packers signed it or I ever played pro football! 8)

-- Chuck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.