M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I bit the bullet on another Poly. Went in the mail to me today. You may remember it.

Doesn't come with the scope, but the Smith Enterprise scope mount will be there. Plus it has already been through Ron Smith's place for the bolt conversion.

Now on to the Garand and the 03A3! :D

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Congratulations BT!

Yep, I have "eyeballing" that baby when it was posted... Glad you got it! Did it arrive yet?

I hope we can get some pics... it sounded like a really interesting project that guy did... so you getting the best part (the finished product) is AWESOME!!!

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. It was just shipped today so hopefully I'll see it within the next few days. Trust me no unlimited budget here. I'll have to sell my first poly to be able to do the Garand and 1903, but I think it will be well worth it. Throw in my M1 Carbine and I've got the start of a nice family. :D

Pictures asap, I promise.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the poly made it to me today. Trying to spend a little time getting acquainted now.
One thing I noticed, kinda curious, the bolt looks like it is a newer SA bolt, not USGI. I do already have a TRW set back that I got from the CMP. Just need to check the headspace. I'm just surprised Ron Smith would install the SA instead of a USGI. Otherwise it looks real good. I'll try to track down Quagmire and give it a thorough once over. The Smith Ent. scope mount sure looks sweet on there. Funny thing, the owner of the gun shop that it was delivered to looked at the scope mount and said," Oh, you need to upgrade to a third generation mount." :lol:
Could use some advice on what rings to add on the mount. Any ideas?

·
Registered
141 Posts
No idea on the rings...but what a sweet rifle! Can't wait to see your collection. I think I might have to get another 03, everyone keeps talkin about em, I just gotta get myself another to keep up!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I took it over to Quagmire's house tonight. He drooled all over it. :D
And I was wrong on the bolt. Definitely USGI. Everything headspaced perfectly. All I need to do now is go shoot. Happy days!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
You can always count on Ron Smith to do a good job.

Regards

ox

1 - 8 of 8 Posts