Premium Member
Schrödinger's Leftist
1,271 Posts
glass, red dot, and a laser - for when you can't make up your mind

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't been on in a while, saw your other thread. Don't change a thing!
I made one change since that post: this picture is an aluminum version of the delta14. Much more rigid, and just as snug as the glass filled nylon. No change in accuracy; it does its job if I can find it in me to do mine, but I don’t have to worry about it loosening up due to heat.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yessir. I was please with the product and wrote to the owner, and added that if they ever made an aluminum version to let me know. Apparently they tried, but couldn’t get the cost margins right to produce them, but he had one that he was willing to sell me.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yessir. I was please with the product and wrote to the owner, and added that if they ever made an aluminum version to let me know. Apparently they tried, but couldn’t get the cost margins right to produce them, but he had one that he was willing to sell me.
Even though my delt14 was short lived, Bill was an absolute awesome dude to deal with and I recommend them based on his customer support alone. For those that want a modular setup without the need for a chassis it's a no brainer.

That changes things though, super cool to see that. How was the fitment vs the polymer stock?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Even though my delt14 was short lived, Bill was an absolute awesome dude to deal with and I recommend them based on his customer support alone. For those that want a modular setup without the need for a chassis it's a no brainer.

That changes things though, super cool to see that. How was the fitment vs the polymer stock?
Yeah, Bill has been great to deal with. It’s nice having people who are knowledgeable, and helpful. Those two do not always go hand in hand in the m14 world.

It uses standard GI liner. Fit is super snug- - you really need to push the receiver down in order to get the trigger to lock up. This thing doesn’t budge at all when shooting. Weighs a ton, but I don’t mind that much.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

This would be my preferred setup if the state of NY got over it’s hang up with pistol grips and muzzle devices.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Eh my blackfeather ain't light either. But I don't worry about it out lasting me that's for sure. Now if only ammo will come down and we can go shoot more!

I'm in NJ so I feel your pain, though I happen to prefer the magpul SBA stock over any of the pistol grip variants I've used. I actually miss the wood stock feel the most, but for what I wanted it wouldn't have survived.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Eh my blackfeather ain't light either. But I don't worry about it out lasting me that's for sure. Now if only ammo will come down and we can go shoot more!

I'm in NJ so I feel your pain, though I happen to prefer the magpul SBA stock over any of the pistol grip variants I've used. I actually miss the wood stock feel the most, but for what I wanted it wouldn't have survived.
I hear that. When I’m missing the wood stock I throw it in the Boyd’s stock below. Waiting on an LRB receiver to throw into it for good. It should be ready some time before I die.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts