M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and could not find any threads on this......

I would like to set my M1A up with a more tactical sling configuration, so it will hang on a two point sling, I have found this for the buttstock

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/VTAC...ptor-MK3-p/viking mk3 stock adaptor black.htm

I was wondering what others have done for the fore end, will a fiberglass stock handle a sling mount on the side if I drill a hole in it? if not any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts

The top rifle, SAI standard, has a Spectergear 3 point sling. You don't need to attach anything up front to use this. I found this to be a good sling for when your moving, but there is alot of sling hanging off the rifle when its not slung on your body. I didn't like that, and this rifle now uses a GI web sling.
The bottom rifle, LRB, has a 1 point sling from Northeastern Tactical Inc. ( made in the USA GI2 ). I drilled into the stock to mount the sling swivel using screws and t-nuts. I like this set up, you can unhook the rifle quickly, and the sling stays on your body. I also have a GI web sling for this rifle.
The GI stock looks a little thinner up front, but I'm thinking it should be strong enough to support the weight of a rifle hanging off a swivel here. Just make sure whatever you use to attach the swivel with isn't too long and hits the op rod.
There are other options, but these are the only ones I'ved tried......hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
On my Bush turned Scout rifle I have a buttstock magpouch that incorporates a sling D-ring and I use a wrap around on the front or did until I picked up a picatinny handguard replacement. Now I'm in limbo until I get another rail mount sling swivel. I use a two point Viking sling and like it although it is a bit narrow. I'll post a pic of the buttstock mag pouch when I get a chance. On my things to do list GI2

1 - 3 of 3 Posts