M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are looking for some excellent firearms training I highly recommend Tactical Firearms Training Team www.tftt.com I just completed a two day Tactical Rifle course with them. I learned a lot and it was a ton of fun. Max Joseph and his staff of instructors are the real deal. Their qualifications are listed on the web site. The instructors have either just come back from Afghanistan and Iraq or will be going there soon as either private VIP protection or as military troops. TFTT has been around since 1990. 8)

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I stayed at the Azusa Inn in Azusa, CA for two nights. The total for lodging was $113.00. They don't give you time for lunch so bring water and some power bars. Allow $10.00 for bottled water and snacks. There are several fast food joints and family restaurants close to the Azusa Inn so your breakfast and supper costs will vary according to your taste. Figure $50.00 for gasoline to and from Las Vegas, NV. Estimated total cost is $473.00 plus two breakfasts and three suppers. HTH

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm assuming, Different, that you utilized an M14 for the course? Is this correct? If so, were any comments made on your choice of rifle for the course by those highly experienced instructors such as Max Joseph?

Thanks again, Theo :)

PS--Love your site

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Theophorus, I highly recommend this class for M14, AR15, and AK47 lovers. I don't want give away the notes but one of the things that was covered was what accessories are worthwhile universally and which ones are "mission specific." The instructors are VERY professional. So, they did not talk down any choice of battle rifle or "assault" rifle. They had lots of good things to say about the AK47 type. However, I did notice them picking up the M14 types from the students VERY frequently to demonstrate various techniques. :mrgreen: They also had lots of praise for the .308 cartridge. 8) One thing I will say. I've always read it was so and it was proven by experience in this class that the National Match rear sight is not for tactical use. Another student had a NM rear sight on his M1A. They are great for match shooting but not for the field or tactical use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.