·
Forum Jester
8,393 Posts
82nd airborne it looks like

Reactions: EastCountyRedneck

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
When the gulf war broke out, Time magazine pic -bomb loaders USAF - were the guys I deployed w/ in South Korea in the mid-80's. Funny I just remember them by last names - knowing some of them stayed in the service after so many years.

War is hell - God Bless them all!

Reactions: Tom Paine

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
It's "The Village People", and BOOOOY do they look pissed!

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
I believe that is a circa April 2012 picture from a US Army Reserve Marksman training course for the 504th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 82nd Airborne, on the use of the M14 EBR-RI rifles in a Squad Designated Marksman role. The Army Reserve Marksman soldiers (the trainers) have the light greenish "digital" camo uniforms, whereas the 82nd Airborne soldiers (students) all seem to have the green/brown/tan camo uniforms. Given the uniforms of the original picture on this thread, its likely a 'class picture' for all those who attended/finished their two-week long Squad Designated Marksman training course. I suspect these pics are from Fort Bragg, NC, but not 100% sure.
Note: If you look at all those pictures, one will note that the soldiers were apparently trained on how to use the iron sights on the EBR-RIs, as several pictures show some rifles with the scope removed. One picture also shows training in the evening with a night vision optic as well. Just an fyi.

I'm pretty desperate to have my project zinc-parkerized so it can be completed.
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel Gun accessory

My old shooting buddy is having an EBR-RI built this month...and we want to use them as a pair at an upcoming precision rifle match...assuming I can get my zinc-parkerized soon.
Rectangle Wood Font Material property Air gun

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Haven't heard the term "jumpin' junkies" since they began the piss tests back in '83.
That was the post-Vietnam era after Jimmy Carter when I entered service. Ronaldus Magnus got us back up to speed. It was a different army then mostly of Vietnam veterans waiting to retire; and boy do I have some crazy junkie stories about the Cold War...

There's a reason I learned how to field-strip an M60 pig blindfolded in the dark, and put it back together with a fresh barrel after sending the hot one down range...

Style Shotgun Air gun Military person Monochrome

1 - 14 of 14 Posts