M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a few extra synthetic stocks. Complete metal and butt plate preferred but not necessary. These will be used for rattle can paint jobs and then as "beater" stocks on my Scout and Socom. I'm in the greater Sacramento area, but willing to pay shipping on the right deal. Thanks!

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
7,188 Posts
Have you looked at the ones that Numrich sells, I bought two of them last year and the only problem was the buttplates were rusted a bit an one had the lower screw rusted so you could not get it out. I cut it out with a hack saw. Outher guys have got them and all the metal was rusted but the stocks were fine.
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/1050690.htm

Casey

·
Registered
462 Posts
Have you looked at the ones that Numrich sells, I bought two of them last year and the only problem was the buttplates were rusted a bit an one had the lower screw rusted so you could not get it out. I cut it out with a hack saw. Outher guys have got them and all the metal was rusted but the stocks were fine.
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/1050690.htm

Casey
You have been lucky, the stocks that passed my hand from that link have all had the sling bolt broken off from rust a real choir to remove properly - metal was so rusty it needs replacing.

That company has really fallen apart in terms of parts - last stock was orderd with 2 Smith Wesson revolver barrels - they shipped 2 new $225 each barrels loose in box with stock - small barrels did not make the trip, small hole in box & GONE - now they blame UPS...

Previous order 3 Smith & Wesson revolver cylinders NEW - shipped loose in a box all dinged up by the time the parts arrived = RETURNED

Customer service claims the parts are packed secure & protected, but thats not how the shipping dept packs the stuff..

At least with the stock its FUBAR to start with so they cant hurt it anymore yet they bubblewrap the $12 junk stock & the $400 + S&W can rattle loose in box :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.