M14 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into getting a swfa ss 10x42. Do any of u guys have this scope on your rifle? If so what are your opinions on it? It's right in my budget of $300 any other suggestions on a good scope at that price range? Thanks

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Search

Do a search and you will find a lot of info on the SWFA scopes here.

I have the 10X with SF......it lived on a bolt 223 and was fantastic for G'Hoggin. Soon as I get the standard weight barrel off my M1A and replaced with a heavier one it will live on there....

Also look at Snipers Hide. SWFA site also has links to sites with reviews.

Oh....by the way.....welcome aboard.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
There is a lot of threads about this scope. Utfse

You'll find most things you can think up have been discussed at length.

Welcome!

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I have an SWFA SS 10x42MMQ with their new and patented reticle. Mine also has the side focus so it was $400. This scope is Japanese made (not Chinese as you might expect) and quality is first rate.

I think it's a GREAT scope and would recommend it to a friend. Mine is on an EBR. I might mention too that there is an iPhone App that has this reticle, in it's library of reticles, which assists in ranging and windage computations. Very handy.

Welcome to the Forum and good luck with whatever you select.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have two of the 10x42 side focus, got them right after I got back from Iraq, as I had become comfortable with the M14 and SS 10x42 that was issued to me there. One of my scopes is currently mounted and the other is between rifles, as I've found them to be a little too powerful for some applications. I guess it depends on what you will use it for.

View attachment 45900 View attachment 45901

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I have two of the 10x42 side focus, got them right after I got back from Iraq, as I had become comfortable with the M14 and SS 10x42 that was issued to me there. One of my scopes is currently mounted and the other is between rifles, as I've found them to be a little too powerful for some applications. I guess it depends on what you will use it for.

View attachment 45900 View attachment 45901
Thanks eagle....I had no idea the military was using these. I thought they were "hung up" on Leupolds? Anyway, we are in agreement that these are fine scopes, especially for the money.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Have had it on my Rem. 700 PSS for 10 yrs and it still works like day 01....Accurate "as all getout", much cheaper than all the top name brands, because brand names are just that, just names on a box/tube. Quality is something you experience everyday. I paid $399.00 for mine back in 2004....with leupold rings and 1 piece base.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
While it's certainly doable (I used a fixed 10x in Mogadishu), I wouldn't recommend a fixed 10x for deer hunting from 50-150yds.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts