M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else own one? i got mine a few weeks ago and i love it. it's big, it's heavy but it's accurate and i can shoot it all day long without the recoil hurting my shoulders. it seems a lot of people have never heard of these. a friend of mine is a gunnut as well and when he asked what it looks like i told him " imagine an SKS-d on steroids!!" :D

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here's a site i found that has been very helpful;

http://www.geocities.com/therealsailorx42/

it's picky about factory sporting ammo though. the remington is good enough to hunt with, but i tried federal and if i aimed at the base of my target stand, it would hit the very top of the cardboard backing. most american factory 6.5 is not loaded to milspec, and it's assumed that it will be mostly used on bolt actions. Igman, Bell, FNM and Sellier & Belliot all are supposed to perform well in the AG42, but S & B has stopped making their 6.5 load, and i don't think FNM is available here in Canada.i'm going to order some bulk brass and lapua bullets from Sinclair International and try to work up a "match" load for some of the friendly competitions we have around here. anyonw know when this board is doing another postal match and if non M-14's are allowed?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.