M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't know about you guys, but when I wear a larger, heavier pistol CCW'ing (Beretta 92FS in my case) I'm constantly pulling my pants up throughout the day from the weight of it and a spare mag or two. A good belt is a definite to me when CCW'ing and I wear a 1 3/4 thick black leather belt from Galco, but even wearing it to the point of cutting off circulation, I'm still constantly fighting it.

These may be some of the best money I've spent for CCW'ing, so I thought I'd share it with you guys as something you might find as good an addition as me. I've tried standard suspenders with steel clips that clip to the pants tops and they don't stay through active movement or the rig weight for a damn. The Perry suspenders do. It's really just like a CCW LBE rig when you think of it.

http://www.perrysuspenders.com/persus.html

DI5

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,020 Posts
I was thinking the same thing a few months ago. Circulation is a killer with it all, the suspenders may feel like the best way to go.

But I always think of the old western movie when Henry Fonda tells the guy who wears a pair of suspenders and a belt before he shots him. You just can't trust a man that wears both.... I think went.DI5

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
I used to wear suspenders but I quit because I could never find clips that would stay on and the ones I had were a pain to work with when you changed trousers. These look like they might have solved those problems.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They hook underneath the belt itself supporting it and your CCW rig. You literally have to pull the hooks out from underneath the belt yourself to unhook them. I work wearing my gun all day though constant activity and these stay in place. They are very comfortable and easy to adjust for more or less tension. I won't be going without them anymore when I carry my Beretta's. I wear them over my tucked in tshirt and under my buttoned cover shirt. Nobody even knows I'm wearing them and they keep my pistol tight to my side where it should be.

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/HWC-Nylon-Police-Adjustable-SUSPENDERS/dp/B000XYP2L0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1320468036&sr=8-2[/ame]

holds up my glock,4 sticks,collapsable baton,mace,phone and keys under light jackets,sent a pair to older bro as he hates the clips also.he's an old retired fart who uses it just to hold his pants up.

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
ppc,i wear the first set myself under my photog jacket.suspenders are suspenders,they hold your dang pants up.

the second set is made for military use to hold up your pants under military tunics while wearing drop down holsters and equipment.they are even better.they loop under your belt on the sides to support the weight.

nrastore.org gives you different ways to carry a piece concealed and take the stress off your belt line so your pants don't fall down. concealed comfort is a rig that combines an inside the pants holster with a new type cellphone pouch

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks for the links. This is something that I've been needing for a long time for the reasons you all have talked about.
Now that I've hurt myself and can't have much weight on my hips I've been using an Alice setup with a UM84 holster and 1911 mag pouches. I can't wear it to the store ect, or shouldn't anyway. It is easy to get on and off.
I'm gonna give these other suspenders a good try and if they work out for me (they should) I'll get some spares.
Thanks for the info.

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
you could make your own using 1 inch or 2 inch strap material and 4 fastex connectors.or,you can take some strap material,run it through the female end of the fastex connector,and sew the tail to the back/front of the inside waistband of your pants.that way it's solid and permanent

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,020 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
I bought a pair of the Perry Originals in the 2" width. I've been wearing them all day every day and I really like them. I wish that I'd done this alot sooner.
No more britches getting rode down and having to pull them back up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I concur... suspenders are good stuff. I wore a pair for a couple of years when I was carrying my P226 regularly... not sure why I stopped. Could be that I chose to carry a S&W Airweight in my pocket during the hot months, which are most of them here in OK.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Maybe I can get my congress person to pass a bill requiring this for all plumbers.
Sorry guess I'm just in a grumpy mood today.
dance2

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
hg,i think those from signal surplus still use clips.sears tool dept sells a heavy duty set with big stainless clips,that occasionally need to be rebent,but work good.the 2 sets i put up do not used metal clips,but loop aroung your belt using fastex connectors.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I find I have the opposite issue. I have to tighten my belt a whole bunch in order for the holster to stay put when drawing my combat commander (not a lightweight by any stretch). Even moreso when wearing shorts.

I can only wear my belt so tight before it starts to mess with my herniated discs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.