M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I already started a thread in the Reference section on how to paint camo stocks titled How To: Multicam stocks filled with links to different forums, tutorials, etc.

Being that Survivalism is another interest of mine I thought I would share some of my favorite resources I've found. I'm more into a long term survival mindset, as some of these links reflect. Feel free to share your also.

Skills/Projects:

A website packed full of solar projects. Some are a bit "out there", such as the solar scooter, but lots of useful projects.

This website is hands down THE best I've found with PDF files. There's files on food (storage, foraging, livestock,etc...), Medical, Security, Hygiene, Self Defense, Outdoor Skills & Rescue, Construction, Firearm Maintenance, Communications, and bunch of Misc files (tobacco, instruments, etc...)

Improvised firewood, great in a pinch especially if you grab the free advertisement (gas stations, restaurants, etc...). There's also links to other useful posts.

Still construction, more so for the clean water than to make liquor.

An ok Survival Blog but great links on the right side.

Operational Medicine, awesome site for medical knowledge of all skill levels. The textbooks/references are very details plus they have links to medical supplies.

A nice set of "green" project that would perfectly lend themselves to a longterm survival situation.

Supplies:

Ready Made Resources, great source of supplies.

Safecastle, another great supplies with everything from 3 year food packages to emergency pet food supplies.

Nitro-pak, lots of food supplies.

Hardened Structures, really overboard in my opinion but if you have the money for a full concrete underground complex here's your site.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a problem, like I said, that first link has more than enough PDF files to have you reading for months.

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Thanks for the great suggestions, some of which are new to me. As I have in the past, I particularly endorse what you call the "OK" website on your list, Survivalblog.com. The way to best use this site is to (1) realise that it is a discussion site intended to introduce a very broad spectrum of preppers to new ideas and (2) to take a look regularly to see what items suit you, according to your own views and circumstances. Not all the advice is good (although most is worth considering), and not all will apply to you. But when it comes to SHTF, I believe it pays to stay flexible and this site is one way to achieve that.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Thanks for the links!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.