M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This site has links to a surprising number of internet resources for many survival situations, very nicely done and probably at least a winter's worth of reading here. The thing is, none of this information will likely be available when things really start to happen and you'll need it in your head at that time, not out in cyberspace.

http://alpha411.blogspot.ca/2012/11/100-free-survival-downloads.html

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Thanks indeed, Sweets . I'm glad you mentioned that when we really "need" this info , the net won't be there . Perhaps download them to cd for future reference? Just another reason for real books.

Reactions: Deek

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reading my way through the links as time allows right now, I picked up a piece of medical knowledge that I'd never encountered before: lack of iodized salt in the mother's diet (which is often the only source of dietary iodine away from the sea) can cause children to be born retarded, deaf, or deformed. Now that's important to know here in the interior if things go bad. (in the book "Where There is no Doctor," page 6 of the actual medical section). I am in fact going to buy that book outright, no downloads. I'll give it to anyone going to the third world, too, and buy another for myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts