M14 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just received mine today and man, this thing is sweet. I'm not trying to steal sales from 82nd's group buy but if you want a DC style brake to rival the JP, this is it. They are pricey at $150 but I have yet to see a DC brake like it. I'll have to wait till my rifle is back together (maybe a month away) to give an official report but looking at the design this thing looks like it'd tame a .338 lap mag. Threaded on, it covers about the same amount of muzzle as an SEI Vortex and hangs past the muzzle on my barrel 1 3/4 inches (the same as my Troy did). It also accepts a SureFire sound suppressor if desired. So far I'm impressed with the construction and design but the real test will be at the range... hope anyone to the sides is wearing good ear protection.

As promised...

·
Registered
509 Posts
what, no pic? at least give us a teaser pic till you get everything back together. looking forward to the range report.

edit: sorry i didn't see this. "I'll get pics in the morning"

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Awesome, can't wait to see pics and hear your report.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yea, no kiddin about the pic...
I'm about to order a muzzle brake to fit my Delta P's 5/8 threads
and would like to see more of what's out there and what works.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pics added.

The brake comes with shims to index it and thread lock which is really nice, wish the Troy had been setup like this.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Sick pictures, let us know when you try it out. Have you used a Smith USCG brake before? I'm interested how it stacks up.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Sick pictures, let us know when you try it out. Have you used a Smith USCG brake before? I'm interested how it stacks up.
Thanks, just a little PnS and my crap photography skills...

I've used the Troy medieval brake, SEI USCG brake, JP recoil eliminator, SEI Vortex, USGI flash suppressor and SA Inc. brake.

So far the JP recoil eliminator has been the absolutely most effective unit I've tried hands down. This unit looks like it's going to get pretty close to it's effectiveness so I'm anxious to try it out.

My rebuild is underway, guessing about a month before it's together but depends on the parts I send out for M80HT/Melonite. Also depends on the scope situation... I hear IOR may be coming out with a 1-10X26 which has piqued my curiosity.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
You get a chance to try this baby out yet?

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You get a chance to try this baby out yet?
Not yet... Rifle is down waiting for some parts. Most important one is the gas cylinder, I have two out getting Melonite treated. Hoping to have them back in the next couple weeks, then I can get the irons dialed in at least.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts