M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Associate Justice Clarence Thomas wrote the opinion for a 6-3 majority, holding that the New York law violated the Constitution and signaling other gun regulations disconnected from "historical tradition" would face similar scrutiny in court.

Thomas' opinion had the potential to upend the legal landscape around Second Amendment rights at a time when Americans remain divided over access to guns. Congress, meanwhile, is racing to pass a sweeping package of restrictions in response to recent mass shootings, including one at a Texas elementary school last month.

"We know of no other constitutional right that an individual may exercise only after demonstrating to government officers some special need," Thomas wrote of the New York law. "It is not how the Second Amendment works when it comes to public carry for self-defense."

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Thomas may go down in history as the best scotus in my lifetime.

The man came from the humblest of life, overcame, and continues to be one solid judge adhering to our constitution. You can clone a few more just like him.
The liberals and Democrats already deployed Katanji to neutralize Thomas. 😄
Wait until they ALL start screaming 'packing the courts w/ liberals' -

·
Registered
582 Posts
Forehead Nose Cheek Lip Microphone

I have always been a sap for so-called Black Irishwomen, such as this high-spirited liberal icon. I can just imagine how pi$$ed she is right now. If I were only close enough to watch the sparks fly. I'm calling it a good day, constitutional jurisprudence-wise.

Maybe she'll throw something. Ah Kathy, you're even lovelier when you're angry.

·
Super Moderator
2,246 Posts
Not a rescue.

“Properly interpreted, the Second Amendment allows a ‘variety’ of gun regulations,” wrote Roberts and Kavanaugh, who also noted that states can still make applicants for a firearm license “undergo fingerprinting, a background check, a mental health records check, and training in firearms handling and in laws regarding the use of force, among other possible requirements.”

This is more ammunition for the Federal Camel to stick its' nose under the tent.

Look for NY to hang their hats on restrictive regulations that mitigate this ruling.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Thomas may go down in history as the best scotus in my lifetime.

The man came from the humblest of life, overcame, and continues to be one solid judge adhering to our constitution. You can clone a few more just like him.
The libs said he was going to outlaw mixed race marriage next (while they didn't know he was married to a Caucasian woman)

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
It is a nice win for every red blooded American - this SCOTUS decision. Democrats are all coming down in large chunks. Starting w/ the Cuomo brothers -the luv-gov and Fredo, Andrew Gillum the bussy-popper, and few more liberal mouthpieces mainstream media all coming down w/ something. That Democrat mayor during Hurricane Katrina also seeing jail.

I love it! 😄

Reactions: 15636215

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
There is a lot misleading info on the news. It has always been possible to obtain a carry permit in the State of New York. However, it was not valid in the five boroughs of New York City. The City has always issued and recognized it's own permit. These have only been available to the privileged (liberal elite). The case brought before the Supreme Court was a challenge to the New York City protocols.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I expect the commies to really push hard to pack the SCOTUS with 10-12 way far left commie judges now.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
View attachment 482997

I have always been a sap for so-called Black Irishwomen, such as this high-spirited liberal icon. I can just imagine how pi$$ed she is right now. If I were only close enough to watch the sparks fly. I'm calling it a good day, constitutional jurisprudence-wise.

Maybe she'll throw something. Ah Kathy, you're even lovelier when you're angry.
She is so stupid, she's ugly!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: WaM14gunner

·
Registered
582 Posts
She is so stupid, she's ugly!
Obviously sir, you are younger, better-looking and more sexually attractive than me. I'm a blown out 77 year old who can barely stand up. I'm just crazy about women who are too good for me and without knowing a thing about the woman -- except the obvious, she's a liberal New York Governor -- she is certainly too good for the likes of me.

Leave me with my pitiful old man fantasies.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
I have seen worse - 😄
So have I.
Here is why I dont think she is deserving of any respect at all and cant be taken seriously. Anyone who uses that extremely tired analogy about "you cant yell fire in a theater", in hopes of bolstering the case for restrictions on our rights, as she did today is just really a stupid person with zero understanding of how things work.

When you use that argument, you instantly lose, because there is no prior restraint to yelling fire in a theater. Its an abuse of free speech that is punishable only after the fact, whereas asking citizens to jump thru extra hoops prior to the exercise of a Constitutional Right is.
She is beneath contempt.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Obviously sir, you are younger, better-looking and more sexually attractive than me. I'm a blown out 77 year old who can barely stand up. I'm just crazy about women who are too good for me and without knowing a thing about the woman -- except the obvious, she's a liberal New York Governor -- she is certainly too good for the likes of me.

Well, its true, you are 9 years older than me, dont know about the rest however.....:p

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
The recent SCOTUS decision should ease some pains as congress passes more gun-grabbing legislations. Give and take - i suppose.

Reactions: Kopper

·
Registered
1,501 Posts

If you are young adult 77 yr - that is the new 50 yr old juveniles. Real women - the ones without REDACTED - expect you to be Condition -1 = locked, cocked and ready to rock. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Not a rescue.

“Properly interpreted, the Second Amendment allows a ‘variety’ of gun regulations,” wrote Roberts and Kavanaugh, who also noted that states can still make applicants for a firearm license “undergo fingerprinting, a background check, a mental health records check, and training in firearms handling and in laws regarding the use of force, among other possible requirements.”

This is more ammunition for the Federal Camel to stick its' nose under the tent.

Look for NY to hang their hats on restrictive regulations that mitigate this ruling.
I have not finished reading the decision, but I think this is in a separate, special concurring opinion, and not a part of the Court's six-justice opinion. The Court's opinion is the law which other courts have to follow.

Again, I am not done, but I'll get back to you. If I don't by this time tomorrow (4:00pm Central on Fri 24th) please send a PM to prod me. ;)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts