M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local dealer has a Surefire 300 SPS supressor and a SilencerCo Hybrid. It will be going on an M1A SOCOM 16, but I'm leaning toward the Hybrid so I can use it on pistols later if I want to. Does anyone have any advice for against one or the other! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
SureFire 300 SPS simply because of the quick attach. SilencerCo has threads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have very limited experience with suppressors and I'm doing as much research as a I. Is the Quick Detach mount enough of a deal breaker to limit myself to rifles only? With Surefire I would have to install a Surefire brake to the SOCOM, correct? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I have very limited experience with suppressors and I'm doing as much research as a I. Is the Quick Detach mount enough of a deal breaker to limit myself to rifles only? With Surefire I would have to install a Surefire brake to the SOCOM, correct? Thanks for the help!
What's the suppression ability of the hybrid on the Socom? Seems like you'd sacrifice suppression ability on the rifle and deal with excess weight on a pistol. Idk anything about the hybrid though.

you'd need an adapter for either setup because the socom has an integrated brake/gas system. I do know the 300 sps is hard to come by so don't stall too long or someone else will make the decision for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to know! I'm not sure how I'd go about getting it on the SOCOM then (I've seen SOCOM's with suppressors attached) but now I'm leaning towards Surefire!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Good to know! I'm not sure how I'd go about getting it on the SOCOM then (I've seen SOCOM's with suppressors attached) but now I'm leaning towards Surefire!
Hey brother, just thought of this but I was referencing the Socom16's integrated brake/gas system which requires you to get an adapter for either the Surefire or The Hybrid

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Murdock, I will be curious to see which route you will take. Good luck. Someday I will get there too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts