M14 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
Are these available for purchase as a barrel assembly or only as a complete rifle?
Don't have an answer for you yet.
I was asked my thoughts on the 16" variation being built up on rifles and how it might be accepted with other users.
Liking all variations of our favorite rifle, I simply had to add one to my collection.
From what I have seen so far, it will be a novelty , in an already finicky market place, but different enough to appeal to those that enjoy suppressed rifles and a shorter handy M14.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
The gas port size and location didn't change. The op rod guide position is the same also. The barrel , gas cylinder and op rod guide were redesigned so standard parts cannot be used.
If anything, go with the Bula ultra heavy barrel and a XM21 receiver and don't look back. Of course, go with a Nightforce scope.

Discussion starter · #44 ·
The gas port size and location didn't change. The op rod guide position is the same also. The barrel , gas cylinder and op rod guide were redesigned so standard parts cannot be used.
If anything, go with the Bula ultra heavy barrel and a XM21 receiver and don't look back. Of course, go with a Nightforce scope.
That is the ultimate for sure. I put 2 XM21s with ultra heavy barrels, one 6.5 Creedmoor and another .308 in JAE chassis. The .308 runs .75 moa and the 6.5 creedmoor .5 for 10 rnd groups at 100 yds.

The Night Force ATACR 5 - 25x 56mm F1 makes those rifles the tops for the M14 type hands down.

If this set up works out well on this standard receiver, I am thinking of doing one just like it on an XM21.

Whatta Hobby!
You are swaying me Art. I already flirted with TonyBen, and the Bula UHB made the short menu...

You're an expensive role model, but I hold you in high esteem anyway.:p
Josh, you're not helping...or maybe you are... I relinquish judgment.:devilish:

Discussion starter · #46 ·
You are swaying me Art. I already flirted with TonyBen, and the Bula UHB made the short menu...

You're an expensive role model, but I hold you in high esteem anyway.:p

Josh, you're not helping...or maybe you are... I relinquish judgment.:devilish:
I understand. Gotta have a couple of each just to stay ahead of the game.

Don't have an answer for you yet.
I was asked my thoughts on the 16" variation being built up on rifles and how it might be accepted with other users.
Liking all variations of our favorite rifle, I simply had to add one to my collection.
From what I have seen so far, it will be a novelty , in an already finicky market place, but different enough to appeal to those that enjoy suppressed rifles and a shorter handy M14.
Actually, I had my barrel cut down to 18.5 inches and then threaded 9/16X24. Then I machined an adapter to 5/8X24 so that I can direct thread a can. Now if I could just find a can that doesn't cause so much crap to come back out of the open breach when the bolt comes back.

Discussion starter · #49 ·
Actually, I had my barrel cut down to 18.5 inches and then threaded 9/16X24. Then I machined an adapter to 5/8X24 so that I can direct thread a can. Now if I could just find a can that doesn't cause so much crap to come back out of the open breach when the bolt comes back.
You might want to check out OSS suppressors.

find a brass deflector

what would be really nice would be to find a " Sonic Industries M14SS -1" suppressor. It used a pressure relief valve on the rear of the suppressor. I have a picture of a cut away model--I haven't figured how to add the pic to a post yet

Discussion starter · #54 ·
what would be really nice would be to find a " Sonic Industries M14SS -1" suppressor. It used a pressure relief valve on the rear of the suppressor. I have a picture of a cut away model--I haven't figured how to add the pic to a post yet
Just my opinion, but I believe those old things are junk compared to most of the new technology suppressors that are available today.

To add a photo hit the picture icon just to the left of the camera icon and then you can drag and drop a photo from your computer. You have a choice of making it full size or a thumbnail.

I understand. Gotta have a couple of each just to stay ahead of the game.
"THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!"

Or, at least, in my house, of a kind anyhow, and when it comes to games in this pond, I think trying to get ahead of the likes of you 'herd'... nah...

But a piece of something cool is still cool in itself, regardless of what goes on with the leadership circle. :love::coffee:

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.