M14 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts
16" suppressed for CQB. It looks like a great setup, could also easily do duty for short range hog hunting and self defense use.

I'm looking forward to a range report as well, I wonder which ammo it will like.
m14brian

Discussion starter · #23 ·
I'm curious about that muzzle brake you have. I would think a fixed 4 power illuminated scope is probably the best way to go.
Thanks for jumping in Josh. I have a Leupold 1.25 - 4 VX-R Patrol all ready to go. Same type scope I put on the .450 Bushmaster.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Yep, I think it's going to be a winner. Not much room for barrel whip to take place. Group you shot was darn good for surplus.
I have modified gas plugs on the way. Thanks for the heads up.

It's a novelty, but to each their own. It limits the .308 cartridge. At 300, it works, but don't have high expectations, especially with a standard trigger. Would be awesome if they chambered these in 7.62x39. I asked about it at one point.
I would liked to have seen the 5/8 -24 thread on the 18.5 and 19.25 barrels ad options too.

What's your opinion of the 16" seeing you have worked with them?
You're welcome!
FWIW, I've always been a fan of the 18.5 medium weight barrel. The balance is better and can still use traditional parts.
Do either one of you guys know if this Barrel will work with the ultimak Scout rail? This would solve my adapter problem on the end of my 18.5.

i wanna see the range report

@nf1e ... any idea if the gas port size is smaller than typical ?

Or did you happen to measure it ?

And your 16" looks great. Thank You for sharing .

Discussion starter · #39 ·
If this set up works out well on this standard receiver, I am thinking of doing one just like it on an XM21.

Whatta Hobby!

Discussion starter · #40 ·
@nf1e ... any idea if the gas port size is smaller than typical ?

Or did you happen to measure it ?

And your 16" looks great. Thank You for sharing .
Did not measure the gas port.
Now, if something doesn't work, I might.
I have used quite a few products from Bula Defense Systems over the years and have always been pleased.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.