M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
No Fly List
1,286 Posts
I've got the early SIG SRD 556 can (direct thread) that wasn't made for very long on a 20" heavy barrel AR. IIRC the adjustable gas block is a JP brand that's turned way down, no irons. I put black RTV around the charging handle to keep the crap out of my eyes. Full auto BCG, nothing fancy.

· Premium Member
52 Posts
There's more than a few ways to skin this cat.
I have found that a properly tuned gas system, buffer weight, and quality suppressor negates the need for any sort of adjustable gas system.
A 12.5" barrel with carbine-length gas and a H2 buffer, or a 14.5-16" barrel with mid-length gas and a H1 buffer, in tandem with a SF 5.56 SOCOM suppressor perform wonderfully.

If you absolutely want to get something tunable, Noveske's Switchblock is a good option.

Personally, I prefer the good ole 20" barrel + rifle length gas, as it gives the system enough of a margin to eliminate all of the nasty over gas issues.

· Forum Jester
9,441 Posts

· Premium Member
52 Posts
Remember, not all suppressors are created equal.
OSS flow through cans will SIGNIFICANTLY reduce back pressure, but sound reduction is a little less than traditional baffled designs.
AAC cans are spooky quiet, but over gas just about anything.
SureFire cans do an excellent job mitigating first round pop/flash, and aren't as bad on gas blowback, but sound reduction isn't ultra quiet.
KAC cans are just there for guys who hate money :LOL:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts