M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to try and work out a trade from a guy at work,he has two SuperMatch M1A Springfield's,the one he want's to trade for has a wodden stock.It was put togther by a gunsmith here in TN.I believe he told me the reciever is an early 90's model,it has a Douglas Stainless Bbl.and it's been bedded.What should I look for to tell me that it is a SuperMatch.Thanks.

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
Find out if Ronnie Morris, Match Service Works in Madison, built the rifle. If he built it, it should be good to go. Ronnie's number if you need him is 615-868-4567. I was sure happy with what he did for me and I'm a picky old ******* GI2

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Good luck with your deal. Check it at least for bore condition (with a light) and op rod-bolt lockup-hammer reset-trigger function if you can, look over the wood for cracks. It wouldn't have left Ronnie Morris's hands til it was right.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I'll give it the once over,the round count is only 100rnds and he has never taken the action out of the stock since he had it done,he just does'nt shoot this one anymore and he realy likes my BoltGun that I just finished myself.I hope we can make a deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts