M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has tried Superformance ammunition through a Scout? Or does anyone plan on doing some handloads now that the powder has been released. If anyone has can you post some chrono data and/or recipes you have found worked for you.BRSTBOMB

·
Rest in Peace
794 Posts
My friend Rick used it in my 22 inch --

Nailed this running boar at 327 yards. Will shoot some out of my scout and socom this Sunday.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice now that's what I call bringing home the bacon! Well
to adress the growing concern about the lack of reload data.
I have emailed Hodgon and asked just why there is only so much data when 308 and 3006 is a heck of alot more popular I will report back if and when they respond.GI8

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Thought I read an initial report that the Superformance ammo was a little hot for our gas guns. The additional FPS/pressure would cause additional "wear and tear" to the system. Meant to be bolt rifle fodder. Correct me if I'm wrong. dozier

·
Registered
43 Posts
I believe that the deal with the superformance ammo was that it was supposed to boost fps without a boost in pressure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That is their whole "platform"--that the ammo is safe for use in ALL modern firearms in good condition, lever, bolt, and semi. I've shot about 20 rounds out of my 22" loaded, and my gun likes them. I'm anxious to hear about other peoples' results with them as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Word from on high has been heard!!

Well I heard from them!!

Hodgdon SUPERFORMANCE and LEVERLUTION powders and data
First, it is necessary to explain these powders and where they came from.* Hornady Manufacturing has a line of high performance ammunition they call “SUPERFORMANCE” and “LEVEREVOLUTION”.** To achieve the high performance levels of this ammunition, Hornady uses many different blends of powder that exactly fit the needed pressure and velocity for each cartridge and/or bullet weight.* Hodgdon Powder Company is bringing out just one of these blends in the SUPERFORMANCE line and one in the LEVEREVOLUTION line.* The data is limited to just a few cartridges which perform to the SUPERFORMANCE or LEVEREVOLUTION level with these blends of powder.* Hodgdon SUPERFORMANCE powder and LEVEREVOLUTION powder are not used in any other cartridges because the powder does not offer a level of performance better than other powders already on the market.* The cartridges listed below are the only cartridges that SUPERFORMANCE and LEVEREVOLUTION are used for.** There will be no further data with these powders in any application.
SUPERFORMANCE cartridges* ***** *********************** LEVERLUTION cartridges********************************
22-250************************************************************************ 25-35
243 Winchester********************************************************** 30-30
6mm Remington******************************************************** 308 MARLIN Express
243 WSSM**************************************************************** 338 Marlin Express
25 WSSM****************************************************************** 338 Federal
300 WSM******************************************************************* 35 Remington
300 Ruger Compact Magnum
Data for Hodgdon SUPERFORMANCE and LEVEREVOLUTION can be found for these cartridges at www.hodgdon.com in the Reloading Data Center.
PDF of SUPERFORMANCE* and* LEVEREVOLUTION data here:* http://www.hodgdon.com/PDF/SuperLever.pdf
Hodgdon SUPERFORMANCE powder and Hodgdon LEVERLUTION powder are on sale now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you guys think of what they said?

So from what they sent meit sounds like hornady won't release the powders or they dont think there is any significant difference in regular powder vs superformance.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I would not use it in an M1-A. If you need more use a magnum rifle. Early rounds gave blown primers in a bolt gun. I hear you with the not more pressure, but physics.....well, is physics.

Good luck

Jerry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts