M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found a ss barrel super match with sei mount and khales scope it has marine camo stock and is reported to have 46 rounds thru it. have a chance to give up my knights armament sr15e3 in tan with leatherwood CMR scope what you think?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
It's a lot more than which toy is prettier. What direction is your interest heading. Figure that one out then follow it.

Doesn't seem fair sometimes &%(*$#

·
Registered
362 Posts
found a ss barrel super match with sei mount and khales scope it has marine camo stock and is reported to have 46 rounds thru it. have a chance to give up my knights armament sr15e3 in tan with leatherwood CMR scope what you think?
Find out the serial # on the Super Match and match up the # with the date (there is a thread here about it). If it is an earlier model which will have GI parts, I'd trade.. it will likely appreciate in value faster than the SR15.

If it is a later model, then its all personal choice... Personally, I'd take the Super Match.. but that is just me. To my way of thinking, weapons were made out of metal and wood for thousands of years.. I don't much care to switch now.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
That's a tough one. Can't you just trade dollars for the super match and keep them both? GI6 For me trades have to be a no brainer. If I have something that to me is not woth as much as the other thing I know it without question. Plus with money you can always get more. If you are real happy with your SR15 and you don't know about the super match keep it. You can always buy a super match later.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Find out the serial # on the Super Match and match up the # with the date (there is a thread here about it). If it is an earlier model which will have GI parts, I'd trade...
In addition to that good advice, consider that at least some Super Match rifles with Douglas SS barrels manufactured during 2008 had the op rod guide installed a bit loose so that it could wander; not a good thing for accuracy.GI4

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
5.56 doesn't blow my hair back so for me it'd be a good trade. For an SAI rifle, though, I'd go over it with a fine-toothed comb first.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'd say trade.. as AR's are cheap and easy to build and a supermatch is not, but I agree with the post that says make sure it has USGI parts.. B2B

·
Registered
558 Posts
Never trade a firearm that you own and like alot for one you dont have, but want. You will always still like and want the one you no longer have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts