M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here it is. The bench rest guys were there and when we all went down to pull targets I told em I guess I'd have to check out their targets to see a good group. Then I showed em mine. Funny!

Well I been shooting this spring trying to get the rust out. Sunday I went to the range and fired 100 rounds, usually 5 rounds at a time all slung up, Using old Tigger. It was dead calm and clear, and me and my bud Andy were there for about 4 hours cause he had a new SA inc. Garrand to shoot.

Here is my first picture of my best group. I stopped afterward(no guns around) and bought a cold brew to celebrate. You can see my favorite brand in the picture below.

Well anyways, I thought this group was something worth celebrating, for me anyway.

Thank you Old Tigger!!!

What do you guys think. Not bad for an old opinionated guy, slung up in prone or what??

OH yea, I forgot and left the elevation dialed in for 200. Spoiled a good [email protected]#$%!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been shooting this rifle for about 3 years. I don't hand load, because I don't have time, and I'm not sure I have the right detail mindedness for it. I was thinking lately I'd buy some match ammo from federal or black hills, to try. I've pretty well tried all the surplus. I also notice this place called Maine Cartridge company, that has match ammo, but the minimums with them are high. My rifle loves the Portugese 1978 vintage. Not all my groups are like the one pictured. I wish I could say that's average, but it was my best one of the day.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SixTgunr of Whamo Camo fame. He lives right here at this site too!!! Good Luck and Thanks, Six does great work!!! Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.