M14 Forum banner

Should we separate the Garand and Carbine from the Bolt action and make two forums

• Separate them into Gas operated and Bolt action

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No, I'd keep it where it is.

Votes: 12 57.1%

suggestions?

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Federal 
#1 ·
Need suggestions on what could make this section better.

Anyone have any thoughts?

#5 ·
A section for stories of the M1 in combat. Remembrances by those that used it in the field, specific cases where the M1 ruled the day. I bet some MOH recipients from WW2 and Korea had a helping hand from a Garand. Those kind of stories would be very interesting to me at least. Great American Heroes and their M1rifles.

#7 ·
Along these lines I would like to hear from folks who worked at the arsenals where they were built, folks with stories about rebuild programs in the different units they were stationed at, and of course stories from the soldiers who carried them in combat. Thanks,

Charlie

#9 · (Edited)
I like it as is too.
For my Garand information/research I spend my time here and at the CMP forum, (as do others).

Just brainstorming here.
individual categories for: maintainance (this may include you tube videos, reprints of free domain type text, and personal experience).
accuracy sub thread for range reports
gunsmiths
parts and suppliers
some sort of history thread sub thread for serial numbers/production dates

Then we would post in appropriate category.
This approach would make it easier when you were looking for something specific.

#11 ·
Has there been any complaints as to how the Forum is currently set up? Maybe if we knew the nature of those complaints, we could use that info as a starting point. I'm perfectly happy the way things are here, my .02. Besides, when I have a question, I have no problems logging on to ask my question.

Charlie

#13 ·
Has there been any complaints as to how the Forum is currently set up?
No complaints at all! Every once in awhile I try to take a look at things to see if everyone is happy and if there is anything that is wanted or that could make what we have better.

Charlie[/QUOTE]

What direction do you want the section to go????
No direction in particular other than the aboveGI2

I could feasibly separate the Garand and the Carbine into one forum and put the bolt action into another. Sort of gas operated and bolt action.

I'm always open to suggestions.GI2

#12 ·
What direction do you want the section to go????

I would like to see a separation of the M1 and vintage bolt action rifles into separate sections. That sounded great.

Having a accurization/accuracy section is good b/c ,by title, it attracts those interested in such matters. One can post in there and learn some things.

Overall, I find stuff quite easily.

I either go to the CMP Forum, Milsurps, or here for Garand, M1 Carbine and 03a3 info. The key is access to knowledgeable folks. Having armorers who understand these beasts is great.

#15 ·
I did not read into the request as a response to complaints. I just thought that if there was a way we as guests could zero in on our favorite and specific models of rifle it would be easier.

I bought my m1917 on impulse and troll around here doing research on what i have. Its just easier if you can zero in on your specific interests.

Definetly no complaints

#16 ·
Suggestions

I'm a nubie and I'm not finding it hard to get answers for my questions. A couple of guys might wish I didn't have so many. But really everybody has been great.
As to having M-1 Garands, M-1 Carbines and 1903s in separate sections it would be nice but I see no actual need for that as I said I'm not having any trouble getting answers.
Heads up you 03 experts I have two coming for Parts Idenification and Stocks refinishing, and I'll bet I'll have a bunch of questions on those. I trained with those in Boot Camp but I only carried them where ever I went didn't have to break them down just kept the outside clean.
oldtimer35NAV1USAF2

I changed my Icon since I just got my own M-1 Carbine.

#20 ·
I have at least one of each of the rifles here, some I have three or four of, mostly when here I read. I'm very much at home just going from post to post. Everything said is of interest. I like it the way it is. GI2

-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.