M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 300 blk out pistol folder is begging for a big bore option... was thinking 12.5” .458 SOCOM since it’s designed to work with current setup/spring/buffer.

Any suggestions on an upper? Or on a barrel and charging handle? I can build one but am curious about any gassing issues...

Thanks in advance.
Russ

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Tromix for the original upper, of course. I've heard good feedback regarding Wilson Combat as well. Personally, I've been running an upper from Radical Firearms for years. It's very accurate and I've had zero issues. Watch for sales and probably you could pick up a quality assembled upper (less BCG) for fairly cheap, and possibly cheaper than you can assemble yourself. You'll need a bolt to swap into your existing BCG.

Going to reload? There are some cheap .458 projectiles that run very well. My personal favorite is 300 grain Hornady .458 JHP's. They turn medium size pumpkins into sauce.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx! Good solid advice, ima look into them.

Russ

Tromix for the original upper, of course. I've heard good feedback regarding Wilson Combat as well. Personally, I've been running an upper from Radical Firearms for years. It's very accurate and I've had zero issues. Watch for sales and probably you could pick up a quality assembled upper (less BCG) for fairly cheap, and possibly cheaper than you can assemble yourself. You'll need a bolt to swap into your existing BCG.

Going to reload? There are some cheap .458 projectiles that run very well. My personal favorite is 300 grain Hornady .458 JHP's. They turn medium size pumpkins into sauce.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts