M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
7,107 Posts
Can anyone recommend a individual or place that can accurately mark my 6 digit 700 receiver with the U.S. marking.
There is a place in Rockwall, TX that does a lot of laser marking work on firearms. He has done some for me and I have always been pleased. The web site is:

https://www.identmarking.com/

· Premium Member
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come on guys,get real ,its no secret that hundreds of guns especially the M40 flavor variants clones have had this done and many other variations as well,not trying to scam fake falsify nothing,just building a M40A1 clone and need the U.S. stamping,nothing more nothing less,please keep the unnecessary remarks to yourself.

· Registered
1,360 Posts
I bought an old stamp set of era and researched the crap out of letter sizing to get it right. Did my M40 myself but it’s not super deep. It’s not like the 700 roll mark or anything. And a steady hand is truly needed with some luck because the dang rounded receiver is difficult to stamp with flat stamps.

If you do ship it off, make sure they know where the scope mount lays. That’s how I had to determine my placement. They might too.

Russ

Can anyone recommend a individual or place that can accurately mark my 6 digit 700 receiver with the U.S. marking.

Attachments

· Registered
307 Posts
As recommended over on M40forum in response to the same question very recently asked, Raven Rifles does outstanding clone work, to include all markings, timeframe specific for each M40 model being built.

· Premium Member
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
C&H precision wont do it unless they build the rifle,Raven doesn't have a way to stamp the RTE-P,still waiting to here back from Texas brigade Armory.
Also still need to try GAP and Marty

· Registered
331 Posts
Note that the earliest M40 rifles were engraved with an electro pencil. Factory US markings can only be found on the contracted rifles.
When you say earliest, are you referring to the handful of test rifles? The 221xxx, 224xxx and 322xxx (and a few outliers within those ranges) rifles from the original contract were all rollmarked. The C6711xxx receivers purchased in the 90's weren't rollmarked and most were hand engraved. Here's my original M40 (Major Dick Culver's rifle) and my XM3 (my platoon used this rifle in Fallujah), the rollmark is visible on this circa 1966 M40:

@forceman, my friend has the original M40 US rollmark, I'll ask him if he plans on rigging it up to mark people's receivers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.