M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that I must surly be missing something. Reading SGN I keep seeing ads for "Pre-Ban" stuff, there are posts here that are recent and refer to pre-ban. I thought it was all pre ban now, unless ya live in a communist country like CA. or NJ. or NY.. are people still just trying to sell the hype or did I miss some thing? It seems to me that if we act like its still in force then it would be easier to reinstate and back date it to the sun set.

·
Registered
377 Posts
same goes for this topic.....do we still need this catagory??

RED DOT

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Some states still have their own AWB in place, so "preban" is valid for buyers there.

I think most of the ads are just holdovers though, or maybe dealers trying to squeeze that last dollar from the high dollar preban guns they got stuck with.

·
Banned
11,516 Posts
with some states....NY being one of them..... The preban issue is still alive :evil: :evil: :evil: Seeing advertisements with Preban in them will assist buyers from those states in purchasing preban rifles. For that reason I am also keeping this forum open. For those states that no longer have an AWB, they can consider this a "when the ban died" forum.

They can also sing along.... bye, bye miss american pie, drove my chevy to the levy where the levy was dry....them good ole boys drinkin whiskey and rye, singin..... this'll be the day that "IT" died :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
377 Posts
hey Quagmire........congrads on the rear sight base !, you outbid me by 1 dollar...lol

RED DOT

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Was that you that jacked up the price? :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I had no idea who it was, I just needed the part. ;)

·
Registered
377 Posts
yep sorry about that, but its still cheaper than Fulton and NIW to boot, i've bought those from Coltrader before for my 2 LRB's,along with other parts,if you buy more than one,he doesn't charge for extra shipping.

RED DOT

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Yeah, I got one from him before for $8.25. 8O

Averaged, it comes out to $15.13 ea, for NIW rear sight bases. That ain't too bad. 8)

I'll bid the price up on you for the next one, don't worry... :lol:

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
RED DOT said:
same goes for this topic.....do we still need this catagory??RED DOT
I think it is very important to keep up awareness that the AWB is NOT dead. A lot of politicos say they will push for a new and farther reaching ban!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.