M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to knock out the roll pin on my guide so I can mount my SEI Scope mount. I drove the pin down into the receiver from above. It is stuck with 1/2 the roll pin sticking out, I bent my punch. It was a cheap one. My receiver is a Smith Ent., one of the first batches produced by Smith. I have some lube in the hole for loosening nuts and bolts.

Maybe I need a bigger hammer and a new high quality punch.

Any suggestions to try before I get frustrated and take it to a gun smith?

Dane
daner[email protected]

·
Premium Member
21,152 Posts
Put your hammer in reverse. The pin should be driven out from the inside. Your hammer just done it bass ackwards. Must be one of them cheap Chinese hammers, an American one would have known the proper way to work the pin. When you do get the pin out. Move the guide off from right to left. Good banging.

Semper Fi
Art

·
Registered
544 Posts
Ah don't pick on the chinese stuff now remember its mostly designed here and manufactured across the pond on both sides of us.

The best guns i have our chinese and russian friends built, well the europeans too. I'm about to start with the american made ones.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are some pictures. I did not put the torgue wrench to it or set the screw. I will do that later.
The receiver is one of the first batch of forged M14 receivers that Ron Smith and his dad built. It is double lugged, all New parts that i bought(they were all in the wrap), glass bedded and a Krieger heavy stainless steel receiver.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/img1413wc.jpg/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.