M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
"Death From Above"
11,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up 10 brand new spoons from the px. Great by the way. Does anyone know where I can by a decent quantity of stripper clips in new condition? I remember they did not last long for the M16 I would imagine the ones for the M14 are similar the little tabs break off. Are these still available new? Is anyone making them? Thanks for the time and effort.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
The M14 ones will last Forever, I have some Aussie ones, If You Can't find any get in touch with me and I'll square You away!

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Just made a trade with a fellow for 750 .308 stripper clips. Cost me 1500 8MM strippers, plus shipping. (I had about 4K of the 8MM ones, so no great loss to me - didn't know what I was going to do with them anyhow.)

The spring portions of the 7.62 ones were mildly weak from being loaded before, but I pulled the flat spring and re-bent them. They work great now. No rust. All SEY marked.

The clips are readily available on GB from other vendors at a cost of about 60 [email protected]

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
They do not have tabs like the M16 stripper clips so you are good to go
I bought about 700 0r so on different forums for give or take 35 cents each shipped
and just so you know the m16 clip tabs on mine are still there some have 12+ loadings on them

·
"Death From Above"
11,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply are they on GB under the same name as your firingline name?

·
Registered
397 Posts
How many do you need? I have booku off Radway Green rounds along with the bandoleers and am willing to part with some of them.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sorry if I mislead you - I meant clips are readily available from other sources, mine I'm keeping.

This fella has them listed..... see his other items for larger quantities if you are interested. again, not my auction....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=213838962
Before I bid on that auction I'd want to see more than one clip with the SEY mark. Notice how almost all the clips are MFG side down, which seems a bit odd.

There were several different clips from ammunition other than USGI M80 that had this same style of 5 round stripper clip.

I bought 5,000 rounds of Caliber .30 Ball (FN) that was in 5 round stripper clips that were a dead ringer for M14 clips. They fit and functioned perfectly when recycled in my M1A (the clips, not the .30 ammo). But they were not SEY nor USGI.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but I think it's a relevant question...

Like one of the other posters, I have a quantity of RG in strippers... about half of the strippers won't fit into the guide on my Socom16. Sometimes I can flip them and they will go in, but that is the exception. ...sometimes they will drop right in. I can't figure it out. GI4

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Before I bid on that auction I'd want to see more than one clip with the SEY mark. Notice how almost all the clips are MFG side down, which seems a bit odd.
Why not just ask him to send a picture and verbally verify they are SEY? GI2

Like I said - not my auction - you are certainly free to "pass" on them....just passing along info ~

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Texasflyboy, just for peace of mind I went and looked at about 100 of the strippers he sent me. Everyone was marked SEY. I'm going to figure the other 650 are the same. I think you can feel a little better about these now GI2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts