M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to keep the stripper clip guide roll pin in place?

Mine keeps working it's way out through the top. I have tried Loc-Tite sleeve retainer compound and it still works itself out enough to poke out the top. Suggestions?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Was it a fresh bottle? That stuff has an expiration date. As an alternative, you could stake the hole with a small center or prik punch

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it was a fresh bottle. And as far as staking the hole, isn't the clip guide hardened? Just wondering. Also, if I stake it, won't it make it extremely difficult to remove?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Anyone know how to keep the stripper clip guide roll pin in place?

Mine keeps working it's way out through the top...
That roll pin should be tight enough in both the guide and the receiver that the problem should be getting it out, not keeping it in. Is there the possibility that it's too long, so that when it's not sticking out the top of the guide, it's sticking into the channel in the receiver the bolt travels in and is getting driven up each time the bolt cycles?

·
Registered
255 Posts
It's a roll pin worth about 15 cents.Knock it out and replace it.It may have been damaged by someone removing it in the past,or maybe has been replaced by a too small pin.

·
Registered
335 Posts
If you replace the roll pin make sure you drive it up into the clip guide from the inside of the receiver and not down into the receiver. If you drive it too far in from the top it will hit the bolt and make dings in your bolt. Don't ask how I know.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
If you replace the roll pin make sure you drive it up into the clip guide from the inside of the receiver and not down into the receiver. If you drive it too far in from the top it will hit the bolt and make dings in your bolt. Don't ask how I know.
It'll empty your magazine, too, if it protrudes too far.

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
Roll Pins

Always replace roll pins with new pins. They are cheap and available at most hardware stores.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That roll pin should be tight enough in both the guide and the receiver that the problem should be getting it out, not keeping it in. Is there the possibility that it's too long, so that when it's not sticking out the top of the guide, it's sticking into the channel in the receiver the bolt travels in and is getting driven up each time the bolt cycles?
As far as I know, it is the original pin, so it should be the correct one. I've never had a problem with it coming out before. I'll just replace it and hope that works.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah it was a fresh bottle. And as far as staking the hole, isn't the clip guide hardened? Just wondering. Also, if I stake it, won't it make it extremely difficult to remove?
You should be able to get a small nick in it, enough to keep it from backing out, that is if the new roll pin does not work. I can't see the need for repetitive removal but a bit the size of the hole would take care of it . Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts